Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP to consider Plant level stock

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Project stock is Non-Valuated.

I am attaching material to an internal activity with reservation (i.e. reservation for WBS).

I am running Project level MRP (MD51) and generating PR.

Currently, when we run MRP in MD51, it consider only Project Stock i.e. even the material is available in unrestricted warehouse, it will not consider that stock and will generate PR for attached quantity. My client, want that when we run MRP, system should consider that Plant level Warehouse stock and should give requirement for shortage qty.

Let me know how we can do this??

Thanks and Regards,

Atul R. Rajmane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII to ALL,

we have the same problem of Atul,

We are using Project Stock. When we generate reservations in Project Stock and run MRP, MRP ignors any unrestricted stock in the plant and always creates Purchase Reqs! Our MRP settings for the Material Master seem correct (zero saftey stock, etc.). Any ideas or is this how SAP designed MRP to work with Project (Special) Stocks?

Thank's for you regards

Serghei

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following settings in Material Master also will help to consider an item from commonstock while running Project MRP (MD51).

View : MRP1

MRP Type : PD

Lot Size : MB

View : MRP 2

Procurement Type : F

View : MRP 3

Availability Check : 01

Cross project : 1

View : MRP 4

Individual/coll. : 2

Once you run MD02 for the material system will generate planned order for across all projects.

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for your input.

If we use the settings suggested by you,a PR will be created if the stock is not available right?But this PR will be for Plant not for the project.

I wanted to know can we check the unrestricted stock and if not available the PR should be created for the WBSE ie Q which is not possible if we use the settings mentioned by you...Then we can track the PRs for the project otherwise it is difficult to analyse the PR's.

Muzamil

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make the following settings in Material Master to consider the item from unrestricted stock while running Project MRP (MD51).

View : MRP1

MRP Type : PD

Lot Size : MB

View : MRP 2

Procurement Type : F

View : MRP 3

Strategy Group : 70

Mixed MRP : 3

Availability Check : 01

View : MRP 4

Individual/coll. : 2

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

As you know MRP run through MD51 is only for Project MRP, system checks the available quantity of project stock against specific WBS. If the Requirement is to be generated for Unrestricted stock at plant Level, you have to run MRP for Material in MD02 (i.e Material MRP at plant Level). then system check the available quantity at plant level and generates the reservation for the shortage quantity against which procurement will be carried out.

Hope this will help you....

regards,

Hari Krishna.K