cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get values from Webdynpro java into Webdynpro ABAP component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have some application in Webdynpro java up and running.

Now some enhancement will be done on ABAP Webdynpro. On click of a button it will call the ABAP Webdynpro views.

But the problem is I need some data from the prev application ,to this view.

How can I pass data to ABAP webdynpro. Passing as url parameter is not enough as I require a huge data.

Please help.

Thanks,

Prosun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you need to change the design, webdynpro application can easily read data in ABAP Dictionary ( meaning tables etc) with Java WebDynpro application you can write the HUGE DATA to some internal table, from webdynpro abap then you can read this data..thus making it available to it.

For example it can be an aRFC that writes data to ABAP side database table, the using a simple function module you can read the data in webdynpro ABAP.

Greetings

Prashant

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What kind of huge data would you need to pass? It generally wouldn't be advisable to pass large amounts of data. Usually you can just pass some data keys via URL parameter and then re-do the lookup steps to read the details. If you have to pass large amounts of data that truely originate in the Java Side, the you are probably going to have to call a Web Service and pass the data that way. The receiving server on the ABAP side will not be part of your Web Dynpro - but could write the data into a temporary database table. Some Key - like a GUID could be passed with the service and saved with the data. This Key would then be the only thing you pass via URL parameter and the WDA application can use it to read the large amount of data from the temporary database table.