cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice creation and changes to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Can we create a proforma invoice with reference to a quotation in standard SAP ( hope not), if so how

to configure it if not how to do the developement ( using ABAP ).

2. Can we chage a proforma invoice once it is created , can we change the quantity and price of the items.

I request you to provide me the answers for my queries.

Thanks

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

> 1. Can we create a proforma invoice with reference to a quotation in standard SAP ( hope not), if so how

> to configure it if not how to do the developement ( using ABAP ).

Here no need of ABAPer

For this requirement you can get through maintaining copy control settings between your quotation type and proforma invoice type F5.

You just copy the standard settings between OR and F5 through VTFA transaction then change the document types item categories to your document types and your item categories.

> 2. Can we chage a proforma invoice once it is created , can we change the quantity and price of the items.

Again it will depend upon the copy control settings between quotation and proforma invoice.

Billing quantity controlled by Billing quantity field at item level copy control settings.

Pricing controlled by Pricing type field at item level copy control settings.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

It is not recommended to create proforma (though it is a proforma) against quotation. Rather what I would suggest is that create a sale order referencing this quotation and from sale order, you can generate order related proforma.

With this, you are reducing the time considerably in doing ABAP work which I feel, is waste of time.

Still if you want to go, before going for development, you need to consider certain points.

- Document category for QT is B and OR is C. This itself will play a major role in subsequent documents and am not sure, what you would maintain here.

- Item category for QT is AGX and OR is TAN. Here also, as you would know system uses an item category to process a material differently in each sales document type

- Similarly in copy control

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing export scenario.

Client needs to send a pro forma invoice to distributors with reference to thier quotations.

Once distributor could get Letter of credit from thier banks against the proforma invoice value then only client will go ahead with sales order creation in SAP.

so the process flow would be as follows

Quotation -> PI Invoice -> against PI, LC will be raised

|

V

Sales order ( sales order will be created only when LC is verified by the finance team of the client)

Given the scenario, please suggest the solution

Thanks

Venkata Rama Reddy.K

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkata Rama Reddy

In that case, you can try with copy control in VTFA considering the combination of F5 to OR with respective item category.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In general scenario, we create proforma invoice either with ref to order or with ref to delivery.

If you want to create a proforma invoice with ref to Quotation, you need to maintain the copy controls accordingly through VTFA t.code.

For you second question, once the proforma invoice is saved, we cant change the quantity or price.

Thanks,

Ashok S