cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete parameters in RZ10

0 Kudos

Hello

We need delete any parameters in Instace profile by RZ10, is a recomendations from Going Live Support, I don't have clear how is the method.

This is my procedure, I go to extended maintenance in RZ10 press buttom Change, I find the parameter and then go to Parameter-delete, the system ask me if I want delete the parameter, click yes, and it confirm me parameter was deleted, press button Copy, it confirm me the changed profile was transferred.

Finally I save the profile and activate it, but when I go to see if the parameter don't exist, it continue in the profile.

Is there something that I doing badly?

Thank you for advanced

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

Yes is correct,

If by chance you do not have access to SAP, you can edit the file.

1 - stop the SAP

2 - Edit the file / usr / sap / <SID> / SYS / profile and change the parameters you want

3 - start the SAP

4 go to RZ10 and RZ10 click 'Utilities' --->' Import Profiles' -> 'Of Active Servers'

Important, before changing the file is a backup.

May be useful in the future.

Regards,

VLopes

Former Member
0 Kudos

After making changes in profile file you need to restart SAP, So that all changes that you made be active with new version. Untill unless you will not restart SAP, system will read the profile from old version not with new version.

gurudath_pai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Santiago,

Please try these steps.

In the initial screen of RZ10 click 'Utilities' ---> ' Import Profiles ' -- > 'Of Active Servers'.

Then do the same steps you are doing to delete the parameter and save it.

Also dont forget to take a system restart since RZ10 does'nt support dynamic changes.

I feel this should solve the issue.

Reagrds,

Gurudath Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If iam not wrong Just give a try "Bouncing the system".

Hope this would work

Thanks

Uday

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope... sounds perfectly good to me.

You might be looking at the old version...

If you want to make sure the parameter was removed check the parameter file at OS level located on /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile, if the line is not there then parameter is gone an effects will take place after a system restart.

Regards

Juan