cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception with "Channel has reached maximum concurrency"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometime when we send a lot of messages to JDBC adapter, we get this exception in the JDBC communication channel:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Channel has reached maximum concurrency (5,000 concurrent messages) and no free resource found within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the maximum concurrency level.

When I restart the XI, the problem solved temporarily, but after every several days,it came out again.

So I checked some parameter in VA, I found these two paramaters which have the value 5000:

MaxFOQSize Maximum size of pool with reusable objects 5000

MaxRQSize Maximum size of waiting object queue 5000

I wonder if these two parameters are the right parameters which I should change.For example, I tune the two paramters to 10000 both.

Any Sugguestion?Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jdbc adapter communication channel in the advanced mode mark the parameter "Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message".

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Prakasu, thanks! I do have option "Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message".checked in the advanced mode.

Regards,

Yitian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The load on the database will be very much high if you allow 5.000 concurrent messages, so is the error.

i recommend you to revise the scenario architecture.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Swetha, thank you. Do you have any suggestion on how to revise the scenario architecture,thanks!

Regards,

Yitian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want process n no of messages concurrently, you can set the Maximum Concurrency level=n in the Receiver Communication Channel For File/JDBC in PI 7.0 SP 12, .

By Default it is 1.

Also check,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4042611d-04e5-2910-bd9d-f97627b1...

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Swetha. I see the parameter "Maximum Concurrency" in file adapter. Can you tell me when I modify this parameter, for example ,set Maximum Concurrency = 3 , do I have to adjust other parameters?

Regards,

Yitian

Edited by: Yitian Huang on Mar 2, 2009 11:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the Maximum Concurrency level=n in the Receiver Communication Channel For File in PI 7.0 SP 12, if you want process n no of messages concurrently.No need to disturb any other parameters.

Regards,

Swetha.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would mean that channel has 5000 open database instances which is too large. Instead of thinking about further increasing it, it would be better to redesign if possible.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek, thank you for your reply, would you please give me some hints on how to redesign it?

Regards,

Yitian

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this, let us know whta is your end to end scenario and how you have designed it?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek, this time it happened to file adater. In my scenario, I use XI to send the idoc DESADV02 from R3 to multiple file receivers. And I checked the successful message numbers from the adapter engine, it's already more than 10000 numbers. I don't know what kind of message occupied the database thread and did not release the resource.

Regrads,

Yitian