cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor master data doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In control tab of the intercomapny Vendor master data, I see that we have a customer number. And currently the customer number is same as that of my vendor number.However when a PO is rasied for this Vendor, then the customer is generally different(not same as the vendor number).

So, why is the customer number same as that of Vendor Number in the vendor Master data?

Let me know in case I am missing to provide any other details.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customer field - in Vendor master data refers that this particular Vendor is also treated as customer & Customer code will be mentioned in Customer field of Vendor Master data.

- if you assign Customer number in Vendor master data, then you will find the same "vendor" number in Customer Master data as well.

- it doenst have any link with Customer Partner Functions-

in some cases, Vendors also treated as Customers ( when vendor purchase material from Client) & vice versa.

This help to get the report to know- list of Vendors who is also Customers & vice versa.

Hope it adds info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SAP student.

You are correct when you say that there is no linkage between partner functions in Customer master and the Vendor. There is no partner function maintained in my case too.

However on checking the customer master I found that the vendor number is populated and is same as customer number.

I am still not clear with your ststement

"in some cases, Vendors also treated as Customers ( when vendor purchase material from Client) & vice versa"

Request you to give me an example as when vendor puchases material from client then it sounds to me more of a third party scenario rather than intercompany. Correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiano,

The reason for this would be that the vendor might have been created as a forwarding agent and included in the customer master partner functions. You go and check the customer master(XD02-SALES AREA DATA/PARTNER FUNCTIONS). The same customer number will have vendor number here. Correct me If I am wrong

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check customizing settings in:

MM/ purchasing / Purchase order/ Stokc transport order/ Define shipping data for plants

MdZ