Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a custom jsp-application to use with MI7.1.

The application is synchronized to the MI client on a handheld device, but when I click the link to start the application I get an Error 500:

Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException:

sun/tools/javac/Main at....

Root cause:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

sun/tools/javac/Main at...

The tools.jar does not exist on the handheld device, but I wonder if this is the problem? Which library correspond to the tools.jar?

Regs

Øyvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the two files tools.jar and dt.jar from common/lib and paste them into bin folder in the tomcat.

and set the classpath for these two copied .jar files and restart the device.

Regards

Manohar

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I find tools.jar and dt.jar in folder C:j2sdk142_10lib on my laptop. But is it possible just to copy these files to a handheld device with Creme_412h? Also when I set classpath to these files, the MI client will not start.

Regs

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Øyvind,

If you are talking about 7.1, install the runtime I have given above. Also you should be using JDK 1.5.x (x >= 6). Some of the instructions posted here may not work properly with 7.1

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Øyvind,

Have you installed "pda_jsp_container.cab" on the handheld? Please mark this question as answered if my or thers' post solved your question.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Øyvind,

Instead, while exporting the project select the "Include JSP as compiled classed" checkbox.

In this case the JSP's will be compiled and then the generated class filess will be added to the classes folder inside the WEB-INF folder or your application war.

1. Shutdown the client.

2. Copy the WAR inside the MI omcatwebapps

3. Restart the client.

4. Login and Click on the application link.

This should solve your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit