cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor long running background job.

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

How to monitor background long runing job and sent mail alert if the system found it.

It's can monitor by SAP or use unix script to check it.

Regards,

Putinans.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can monitor long running jobs through CCMs auto reaction methods.You can assign methods from RZ21 to monitor background jobs.

If you want to monitor particular jobs then you need to make entries in one particular table in SE16.

You can find more information in service.sap.com/monitoring.

There is lots of information about CCMs in this link..

Regards

Anju

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for all answer. I will try it.

Many thanks,

Putinans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CCMS there is nothing like you have auto alert for ,long running job, you need to monitor them manually.

you can co-ordinate with ABAP team to have custom build report and get alerts when ever the BG job runs for more than certain time period, the BG jobs will be in tables TBT*(TBTCO, TBTCS).

Regards,

Raju.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

The background job are create from sap and I would like to config automatic monitoring for long runing job and send mail to me.How to do that.

Please advice me.

Putinans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you need to configure automatic alert for long running job.

At unix level you can configure through VI editor.

If you need from SAP level , you can find function modules related to that Help.sap.com.

Please inform to ABAPer and provide you him the functional module.

He will prepare you a program that will trigger you automatically if there is any long running job.

Regards

Sreedhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiii,

if you want auto-alerts,you can configure CCMS to do that.

so once CCMS is configured which is not very tough,you can add as many jobs you want to the list for which you want alert notifications

Follow the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/79/498e3bae1d9e7ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

and you will be able to do it

Let me know of any issues

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can monitor by using SM37 in SAP. Are you starting these jobs via SAP or cron?

Hope this helps.

Manoj