cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background got canceled and after rechecking it was gone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you guide me on how deal with this type of issue I'm frequently checking the job in sm37 especially the canceled jobs and suddenly a weird thing happened when checked again the job that was previously canceled I haven't seen it. What do you think the reason on this type of issue? The background canceled job is gone. Is it possible that the job was manually deleted?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Job logs will not be deleted automatically, so yes, either the job was deleted manually by an authorized user or it was deleted by the cleanup utility RSBTCDEL (which normally runs in the job SAP_REORG_JOBS, but there may be custom jobs in your system running this program; check in SM37 for all jobs containing RSBTCDEL as a job step).

If the cancelled job ran recently and it has already been cleaned up by RSBTCDEL, then you should review the variants used to run the program because the time limit might be set too aggressively. With RSBTCDEL you can specify different retention periods for finished and cancelled jobs. The default variant used for SAP_REORG_JOBS sets 10 days retention for both.

Regards,

Mark

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are standard jobs that run in the background to clean out old jobs(but not recent jobs) eg SAP_REORG_JOBS which may have removed the previously canceled job.

See note 16083 for further information.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, I think that job was manually deleted.

Ask the owner of job; I suppose he/she restarted the job, and deleted the old one.

regards