cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have a system on witch we installed a SAProuter and the proxy server on same system,

now because of virus problem it display svchost.exe-application Error if we click on any option (yes/cancel)

the system get restarted, so we are though for fresh installation of win server 2003 , but because of SAP router installed on that we cant do that,

now my query is that can i install the another new sap router on different server with the same static IP address,

please guide me to sole the problem,

Thanks and regards

G Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Why dont you remove the virus on your server? It may cause some other problem later on. If you wish you can configure SAP router on some other host.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

thanks for reply, now we take a fresh machine and installed the windows 2003 SP2

now please guide me how to install new sap router on that system,

i also report to the SAP for the same but they provide me some notes for that,

please guide me for installation of sap router,

thanks and regards,

G Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the same router installation steps on the new system:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000044248&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

http://service.sap.com/saprouter

Finally, inform SAP your new router hostname, IP address so they can register it and provide you the new distinguished name. Once you receive it, follow the SNC registration steps on your new server.

The above guide should help.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patil,

you can install the SAP router on a different machine and can assign the same ip but you will have to assign a different ip to the original SAP Router machine.

But if you dont want that,install the saprouter on new machine and send a customer message to SAP telling that you have changed your ip and hostname and asking them to register your new ip address.It will be simple.

Let me know of any issues

Rohit