cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding Two Point shipment for same destination in same truck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Example :-Say A1 be one CNF in Guwahati and A2 be another CNF in same location from which we have to despatch the stock to Patna through same truck.The loading will be at two point but the destination will be same for the movement of the goods.Now how should we do the Shipment through VT01N as the route is same-ZGWPAT.Since the depots are different the shipment costing calculation should be different through VI01 as their profit centres are A1 and A2 respectively.Now if we are to do the shipment in both cases separately then the freight cost will be doubled in the books of accounts.

Please suggest how we can solve this problem since two point loading is cost savings for the company.

Best Regards

Animesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Animesh,

This functionality can be achieved using the collective shipment. Here you can use preliminary leg and main leg of route.

For this you need to define route and the legs as below:

A1: First Shipping point

A2: Second shipping point

D1: Destination in your case Patna

Now define route R1 from A1 to A2- This will be defined as preliminary leg.

Route R2-Main Leg-A2 to D1

Route R3- A1 to D1

While creating shipment select route R1 and then check upto loading start, dont check the loading end tab. Then at A2 select R2 as your route. I think this will serve your purpose.

Experts, looking forward for your valuable inputs wherever required or corrections if I am wrong

Thanks

Swami

Edited by: Shivanand Swami on Mar 2, 2009 2:39 PM

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Animesh,

Say A1 be one CNF in Guwahati and A2 be another CNF

Based on your statement I hope they are the two different ship to parties.

-->If they are two different ship to parties then you can do like this,

-->Create two different deliveries for those two ship to parties through VL01N transaction.

-->Now you create the single shipment document fof those two deliveries.

-->Finally you can create shipment cost document for the shipment document.

Since the depots are different the shipment costing calculation should be different through VI01 as their profit centres are A1 and A2 respectively.

You can calculate the shipment cost delivery wise based on this configuration settings in the IMG

Go to T_56 transaction then click on Define item categories-->Now you select your shipment cost document itemcategory then go in to the details here you can find the field Cost dist maintain this field as B-Delivery to calculate the shipment cost delivery wise and same thing will get posted to the accounting.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.