Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg third party inspection purchase order

former_member1355332
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

please help in mapping scenario

We get a sales order to send boiler-2 nos and panel-1 no to a customer, here panel is an inhouse production material and boilers are manufactured at a vendors site, inorder to have control over vendors process we rise an purchase order to third party to inspect each and every operation at vendors site,how we can rise a purchase order for inspection to third party as soon as we receive a sales order

can we collect the cost of inspection ina production order

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your business is MTO(Make to order) -- based on sales order -production order will be created( depends on MRP)

Are you using subcontract or vendor?

For manufacturing Boiler - you said each and every step - you are inspecting it -means some body physically go and verify each phase or vendor themselves?

Does your vendor have access to your SAP?

Based on above points you will decide which is best---- either source inspection or inprocess / GR production.

You can accomadate in SAP. If you want capture the production cost use GR prod/inprocess

or not use source inspection.

Based on PO - you can create source inspection- insp.plan --define multiple operation and assign MIC.

Let me know if you have Question? or provide more info about your business req.

Thanks

Sami

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venumadhav

Can give you some ideas on this

1) please create a routing for this material with a control key with External processing tick in it

2) keepone operation in the Routing with activity type for capturing Inspection cost

3) So when production order is created automacticaly PR and PO can be created

For external processing operations, the system generates a purchase requisition from the production order and then generates a purchase order from the purchase requisition.

Posting:

The costs of the external service (including any provided parts) are assigned directly to the production order (to the WIP inventory).

Any differences are assigned to the production order by the GR/IR clearing function.

2) Regarding inspection you can have inspection at the GR of the PO or you can have source inspection where in using QM order you can capture the inspection cost.

Please put the same question in PP forum for a better solution

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create production order based on Sales order.

Automatic PR/PO - using external operation in routing.

Use source inspection because the material is delivered to customer.

either give authorization to your 3rd party to enter the result or get the CoA/CoC and enter the value.

Reset of them are captured in production order.

Thanks

Sami

former_member1355332
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sami,

Thankyou very much for your response, here the scenario is as soon as we receive a sales order we send a purchase order to third party agency to go to subcontracting vendors place physically and carryout inspection at each and everyoperation on our behalf and certify the finished material with a

standard seal and certificate, My problem is how do I raise this purchase order and where I should account the cost given for inspection ( should I create a production order for boiler)

One more important thing is boiler is directly going to customer site without coming in to manufacturing plant, in this case shall I create a production order orelse how to capture the cost of inspection

Thanks in advance