cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the weblog /people/prasad.illapani/blog/2007/03/08/performance-tuning-checks-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure I have found the below sentence.

****************************************************************************************************************

If the web service Scenario permits, send SOAP request message directly to the Integration Server pipeline and avoid the SOAP Adapter.

****************************************************************************************************************

Can anybody explain me in which cases we can avoid the SOAP adapter and we can put request directly to Integration Server /

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to reduce the load on the adapter engine, then you may use this scenario. This could always improve the performance. One of the restriction is that it wont support attachments.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My question is how to put a call directly to IE without using SOAP Adapter ?

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create web service on application server,

there is option to put Java Port 5xxxxx or ABAP port 8xxx

If you use ABAP port, you are creating web service on ABAP stack, hence the request message sent based on the WSDL will be posted on Integration Engine directly, no adapter engine involved.

Regards.

Liang

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your earlier question was

Can anybody explain me in which cases we can avoid the SOAP adapter

Therefore I replied with the case wherein you may use the option.

how to put a call directly to IE without using SOAP Adapter ?

Follow this blog

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)