cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESULT RECORDING PROBLEM--USING LARGER SCOPE CONTROL INDICATOR AND FORMULAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have maintained 5 MICs in an inspection plan the Control indictors for 4 MICs as follows

SINGLE RESULT

SAMPLE PRODUCE

REQUIRED CHARACTISTICS

LARGER SCOPE

RECORD MEASURED VALUES

NO FORMULAS

NEXT MIC i.e THE 5TH MIC THESE CONTROL INDICATORS ARE MAINTAINED

SINGLE RESULT

SAMPLE PRODUCE

REQUIRED CHARACTISTICS

LARGER SCOPE

RECORD MEASURED VALUES

CALC CHARACTERISITCS

MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I RECORD RESULTS ONCE FOR EACH MICS FROM 1 TO 4,THE VALUE OF MIC 5 IS CALCULATED USING THE ASSIGNED FORMULA...BUT IN CASE I HAVE RECORD MORE THAN ONE VALUE FOR EACH MIC FROM 1 TO 5.SINCE MY CLIENT HAS TO RECORD RESULTS SOME TIMES MORE THAN ONCE,SINCE THE CONTROL INDICATOR LARGER SCOPE MAINTAINED.

I AM NOT ABLE TO GET MY 5TH MICs FORMULA CALCULATED FOR EACH RECORDING.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CALCULATE THE VALUE OF THE 5TH MIC WITH HELP OF FORMULA MAINTAINED WHEN I HAVE MAINTAINED LARGER SCOPE IN CONTROL INDICATORS.

FOR ALL THE MICs.

MY UNDERSTANDING ITS NOT POSSIBLE BUT IF I AM WRONG AND ITS POSSIBLE PLEASE LET ME KNOW TO MAINTAIN THE ABOVE SECANRIO.

REGARDS

RAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

If you use fixed scope system will calculate the value for 5th MIC or if you use summerized recording instead of single value it will work.

if you are using large scope system will not know the relation between MIC's -let say if MIC1 you entered 3 values and MIC 2 only 2 values - then also inconsistence --- that is the reason why SAP std. behave like that.

either use sampling procedure with no.of sample for all MIC or use fixed scpoe or summarized recording are the solution

Talk to business try to explain and incorporate this....

Thanks

Sami

Edited by: sami sami on Mar 1, 2009 5:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami Sami,

Thanks for your answer.my problem has been solved.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Mr Sami suggested you correctlly.

In Such case better to take a sampling procedure having sample size 1 for calculated MIC, then system will take average value of input MIC and give you single value of calculated MIC.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neeraj,

Thanks for your solution.

Regards

Ram