cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing data in context nodes between applications ... is this possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create the below scenario :

1) Fills in a form and data will be stored in context node.

2) when done, user clicks on a 'preview' button and a new application will be lauched with an interactive form displaying the enter details. (Using WdURLGenerator...)

<u><b>Problem</b></u>

From my logger, I am able to confirm that my node and attributes are correctly populated with the user details that were entered. However, from the node of the newly launched application, I am unable to see the data.

<u><b>What I have done so far</b></u>

1) I haved added the interactive component into the "Used WD component" of my main application.

2) The interface conroller of the interactive component has its node set as "isInputElement" and this node is then mapped to its component comntroller. Here, I attempt to do a eg: wdcontext.currentReceivedDataElement().getName(); and its here that I get my null pointer exception. It seems that the data is not being passed from the mian application to the interactive form.

Can someone kindly tell me what I have done wrongly here please ? Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok,

As far as my knowledge is concerned what you need to do is define your context node, in the application you are re-using, as interface nodes and then these will be available to your both the applications.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anoop