cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3: Customize password notification e-mail ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using CUP 5.3 SP6.1 and I haven't found a way to customize the password notification e-mail send to end-users after auto-provisionning.

In addition when this e-mail is sent, there is link attached to see the password but this link doesn't work...

The content of the e-mail is "Your account was created in ECC6. Your ID is TOTO Click here to view password for ECC6".

And the associated link: http://myhost:50000/AE/showPassword.do?userId=TOTO&ReqNo=10004&System=ECC6

Thanks for your help.

Jerome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

You can configure whether you want to send password in email or not. This configuration is there in Configuration --> Workflow --> Email Reminder --> Closing Tab --> Send password in email.

If you set this option to YES , passsword will be send to users in email. Currently in your case it would be No and so you are getting a link with the password.

Please make sure that the password display period is set to more than 0 Sec and your issue should be resolved.

Regards

Harleen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerome,

Have you figured out a way to actually customize the content of the email that gets sent to users that are getting a new/account password?

The provisioning and the sending of the password works fine; we just want to customize how the email is formatted. Why would SAP not give us that option?

Thanks!!

--

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

I have not tried this yet, but I found that "AE_init_clean_and_insert_data.xml" contains the information that comes in that email. If you open that file, look for MSGCODE="1201", 1202 and 1203. You will see the text that is sent in the email.

I have not tried it, but I think that should work.

See SAP note 1253720 for further instructions on how to adapt & upload the file.