Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OB28 - Validation for a transaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We have some issue in validation

I have a payment term called AA05 and this payment term should not be used for transaction code F-43 and F-22

My validation is as follow - this validation we have created at header level

PREREQUSITE

At the Accounting Segment i gave PAYMENT TERMS = AA05

CHECK

At the Accounting Header i gave TRANSACTION CODE = F-43 & TRANSACTION CODE = F-22

As error - Not to be used for the transaction code

The same is activated

Now iam passing an entry with a vendor having AA05 payment term - so that the same is defaulted in F-43 transaction

But iam not getting the error

Iam i by any chance doing any mistake in the validation

Thankyou

Warm Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi something similar happened to me, i regenerated the code with this programm: RGUGBR00 through tx. se38 i've read this from a note (don't really remember which one).

hope this helps.

FifoChávez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'd worked on similar requirement. We wanted the validation to run for only F-47 and FBA6. What we did was, we created a Set through GS01 and maintained the transaction codes in it.

Ex. Go to GS01, give a set name u want to create (eg. ZZSET_TEST ), give Reference table as SYST

It'll ask for the Field Name. Give it as TCODE as you want to check the TCODE. And then maintain your

Tcodes ( for me it was F-47 and FBA6 ).

Now in Check, include a condition

NOT SYST-TCODE IN ZZSET_TEST-TCODE

Hope it helps !!!

Edited by: Vivek Prabhu on May 26, 2009 8:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balasubramanian,

try below

CHECK:
At the Accounting Header i gave TRANSACTION CODE = F-43 'OR'  TRANSACTION CODE = F-22

i think you are using the AND condition that is why its not giving the error..

hope it works now.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prahanth

Its OR only. Sorry for the error while typing

Is any other error in the same

Warm Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balasubramanian,

I think the message range(Message number ) you are giving the wrong..

Note: for the individual transaction codes, the messages will be triggered for certain message ranges.

so be sure about the message number is giving in the range of that particular T.Codes.

Regards!

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the time the validation is called, the transaction code value will be FB01 instead of F-43 or F-22 - that is why you are not getting the error from the validation. Take a look at a posted document from each these transactions - you'll see the t-code on the document header is FB01, not F-43 or F-22.

Since there are many transactions codes that are based on FB01 - and end up posting as FB01 - I would suggest a criteria other than transaction code for your validation. One option might be to check the document types.

Regards,

Shannon