cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with build

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have been making local DCs for our applications all this while and are now attempting the use of the JDI. As give in the tutorials for mirgating existing local DCs to the DTR, we created a DC, copied all the contents inside the "packages" directory of the local DC into the new DC and added the files to the DTR. When attempting to build, we get errors that certain imports are not found. These are in "com.sap.security.api.jar" and "servlet.jar". Now these files are regular and are supposed to be referenced the CBS for build. For whatever reason, it doesn't find them. Now how do I specify these in the build path?

I know this is a regular topic and I found plenty of info for this. The most favoured solution is to create an External Library DC, add the jar files to its public part and reference it in the Web Dynpro. But I am using NWDS Version: 2.0.9 and this doesn't have any option of an External Library DC. But I found a J2EE Server Component DC. I found a tutorial for adding jars in the public path of this DC, but this requires configuration in server.xml which I did not find after creating the project.

What am I missing?...a lot of things I guess! Please help.

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nirav,

These are probably all DCs from the 3 base SC's. Browse to the DC Metadata -> DC Definition -> Used DCs of the Local Development DCs to see the list of required DCs. Now add these same DCs as used DCs in your Development Configuration DCs.

If you do not see any DCs inside the 3 base SC's you need to check them in and import them into the Development stage first in the CMS Transport Studio.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

All the 3 base SCs are showing up and I have confirmed that these dont have these 2 jars....or I cant find them. Please tell me if you can.

Also, I want to try creating a library DC and add jars to this, but when I create a new library project, I dont see any server node for the provider.xml. How do I do this?

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said look for the Used DCs defined in your Local Development DCs. The jars are contained in the DCs, but the DCs don't necessarily have the same names as the jars within them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done...thanks a million...you are a life saver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

What if the jar was not in any of the 3 base SCs. Then how would you go about it?

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an External Library DC. If that's not available in the NWDI/NWDS release you are using, I strongly recommend to upgrade both of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Sounds stupid, but can I create an external library DC without the help of the NWDS if I know the required package structure and xml configs and expect it to work? Please back your answer with a reason.

Nirav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will only work if your CBS supports it. Therefore, make sure your NWDS has the same level as your NWDI installation. If this is the case at the moment, then you can assume that CBS does not support it: it just not have the required libraries to build that DC type then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also have to check if the build plugin for external libraries is there, i.e. if the SAP_BUILDT in the track were you do development contains the DC "tc/bi/bp/externalarchive". (Which would be referenced by the .dcdef file).

But since this has been supported since SP12 (or even SP11) why do you want or need to do it manually?

Best regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thats because I am using SP9 and will be while before I upgarde. How did people do this before SP11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav

This thread contains a potential solution for you , its to do with unzipping the jars to a particular folder and becomes part of the deployable , see the link for the specifics

dirty (but works(I hope))

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pran, I'll try these.

Answers (0)