cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricky Partner Function requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....I have a scenario like this.

In one of my client's requirement (i cannot explain the entire logic why it is so since it would take a lot of explaination), we are planning on assigning Ship-to's to a Bill-to and a Bill-to is assigned to a Sold-to.

Hence as you can see that a Ship-to is not directly assigned to a Sold-to.

Also.....in the sales order we are planning to enter the Ship-to first. Now i need help if anyone can let me know if this partner determination logic can be configured in SAP.

Summary: Ship-to is assigned to Bill-to and Bill-to is assigned to Sold-to.

As soon as we enter Ship-to in sales order, it should determined Bill-to and then Sold-to should be determined from Bill-to.

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never tried this before, hence as a suggestion I provide the following;

Did you try with Partner source field available in the partner determination procedure-Partner functions in procedure? (SPRO - SD -> Basic funtions -> Partner determination -> Set-up partner determination for sales document Header (and further item).

Here select the partner determination procedure, then partner functions. Here for the sold-to party, in the source field you can enter Bill-to party as source field. Similarly, for the bill-to party, you can assign the source as ship-to party.

When you do some testing, you can also try to make use of the sequence field also.

[Partner Source|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9f/1bad68b44511d2b453006094b9ea37/frameset.htm]

Regards,

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AriBis

According to me this is a very good qn and a challenging requirement to be mapped in standards

But I doubt this is possible thro standards

If i have understood your rquirement correctly

Suppose ship to Party is say C

and bill to partys are D and E and for this Bill to party D then X is the sold to party Bill to party E and Y is the sold to party

If this the case then the CMR would be like this 2 CMRs

X sold to party,C will be ship to party and D will be bill to party

Y sold to party,C will be ship to party and E will be bill to party

You will input C ship to pary in sales order and then system should determine or ask do you want bill to party as D or E then if you choose bill to party as D then SP will be X and if you choose bill to party as E then SP will be Y

If this is what is your requirement then there needs to be a change in program to achieve this

Normally SAP also allows you enter a SH first in sales order instead of Sold to party

1.If you do that system automatically determines the SP if there is one to one assignment

2.If there are multiple SPs then a selection screen will appear from there you can choose

3.If SP cant be determined then there is a message displayed

That means thro Ship to party the system can find out sold to party and for that program already exists

Your requirement is from SH it should determine BP and from BP (or based on BP) the sold to party has to come

This mans there is a change in program and i feel it can be achieved thro development

Pls reply whether i got your rquirement correctly

Regards

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AriBis

According to me this is a very good qn and a challenging requirement to be mapped in standards

and bill to partys are D and E and for this Bill to party D then X is the sold to party Bill to party E and Y is the sold to party

You will input C ship to pary in sales order and then system should determine or ask do you want bill to party as D or E then if you choose bill to party as D then SP will be X and if you choose bill to party as E then SP will be Y

If this is what is your requirement then there needs to be a change in program to achieve this

Normally SAP also allows you enter a SH first in sales order instead of Sold to party

1.If you do that system automatically determines the SP if there is one to one assignment

2.If there are multiple SPs then a selection screen will appear from there you can choose

That means thro Ship to party the system can find out sold to party and for that program already exists

Your requirement is from SH it should determine BP and from BP (or based on BP) the sold to party has to come

This mans there is a change in program and i feel it can be achieved thro development

Regards

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AriBis

Regards

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AriBis

1. If you do that system automatically determines the SP if there is one to one assignment

2. If there are multiple SPs then a selection screen will appear from there you can choose

3. If SP cant be determined then there is a message displayed

Sorry all i clicked only once but it got posted four times

Regards

Raja

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AB,

As far as determining Partner Functions by entering Ship-to-Party first is concerned, please make a search on SDN, this question is answered many times in this forum.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AB

How many Bill to partyies one ship to party is having & similary sold to & bill to ?

if you are having one ship to -one bill to - one sold to then while creating the sales order put the ship to party first it will automatically determine the Sold to party & bill to.

Regards

Tejpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AB,

One question- Will the Ship to Party be assigned to only one Bill-to-Party?

Your requirement can be done by

1. defining a partner determination procedure for the Sales Document.

2. Setting up the Partner Functions in the Partner Procedure. Here you can define the Source of the Partner Function. So if you require the Sold-to-Party to be determined from the Bill-to you can set it.

Moreover you can setup the sequence in which the partners are to be determined i.e. First Ship-to- then Bill-to and then the Sold-to.

Hope this guides you to the solution.

Regards,

Karthik.