Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails using SMTP Plug In

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am trying to configure SAPConnect so that I can send emails from SAP to

external domains. I have done all settings in SCOT. But our Outgoing SMTP Server needs authentication. So in my JOB TRACE I am getting error '530 Authentication Required'.

In transaction RZ10 where I have maintained Instance Profile IDS_DVEBMGS00_IDES-SERVER

I have set Parameter: icm/server_port_0 with value PROT=SMTP, PORT=25. Is there any way I can pass "Authentication Required" as a value here or in transaction SCOT.

Anyone who has a solution plz help me.

Thanks and regards.

Vipin Varghese.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set the below profile parameters

is/SMTP/virt_host_0 exch2k3:25

icm/server_port_2 PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000,TIMEOUT=180

After you configure this, take a restart and try to check the service SMTP in transaction code SMICM. The SMTP service should be UP.

Now go to SCOT and configure the below:

1. Go to Setting and Maintain Default Domain

2. Maintain Exchange server details in SMTP (With Node in use)

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you configure SMTP port on the server? If not, please try to configure and check.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help.

The server that I am supposed to configure that is the email server that you are talking about right?

I m fairly new into WF and these Basis steps are new for me.

There are 4 profiles created in RZ10 - 2 start profiles and 2 instance profiles.

I am making changes in an instance profile. But after the changes when I try to activate, its showing some warnings and errors. But somehow it gets activated and an instance profile with version 2 is actively saved.

Also when I open MS OUTLOOK and go to the account settings, for Outgoing server ( SMTP ) , Authentication Required checkbox has been marked.

Now is any one of these the problem?

Regards.

Vipin Varghese.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Whenever you change a instance profile, the older version is saved. You are right you will see some discrepancies in red, based on the error you can ignore them.

If you have configured as said in my ealrlier post, you can go to SO01 and try sending a email to your eamil id. Make sure that you have maitianed your email address in Su01, user admininistration.

Go to SCOT and you will see one email in waiting and try sending it.

IF it goes into error you will be able to see the reason ons SOST,

There is no authentication required anywhere.

Thansk Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

So if it does not matter if the instance profiles's version is 1 or 2, I will surely try

all the steps once again tomorrow. And I will let u know.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards.

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you make changes through Rz10 and select the active Instance profile.

Thanks Nirmal