Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails using SMTP Plug In

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am trying to configure SAPConnect so that I can send emails from SAP to

external domains. I have done all settings in SCOT. But our Outgoing SMTP Server needs authentication. So in my JOB TRACE I am getting error '530 Authentication Required'.

In transaction RZ10 where I have maintained Instance Profile IDS_DVEBMGS00_IDES-SERVER

I have set Parameter: icm/server_port_0 with value PROT=SMTP, PORT=25. Is there any way I can pass "Authentication Required" as a value here or in transaction SCOT.

Anyone who has a solution plz help me.

Thanks and regards.

Vipin Varghese.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also go the following guide at :

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6981103/SCOT-Configuration

and just check your SCOT configuration,check that you port from SAP server is open which is trying to connect to mail server

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vipin,

Make sure you have maintained all the parameter settings in profile mentioned in the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohit.

Thanks for the help.

In SCOT Transaction Under SMTP CONNECTION what should be the mail host?

I am putting the ip address of Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) which I get from Outlook.

Is it correct?

Also I only want to send notifications. So is it necessary to maintain values for

parameter: is/SMTP/virt_host_0.

In parameter and value icm/plugin_0 = PROT=SMTP,PLG=<prog> where do I find <prog> from?

Edited by: Vipin Varghese on Feb 28, 2009 2:06 PM

Edited by: Vipin Varghese on Feb 28, 2009 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vipin,

Get the mail server hostname from your mailing team first and then check the settings

Also make sure that all the settings that I have mentioned are there in your system

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check the paramerts in RZ10 like icm/server_port<#>=PROT=SMTP,PORT=<#>

is/smp/virt_host_<#>=*:25000

icm/plugin_1=PROT=SMTP, PLG=smtppluggin.sso

check the services been activated in SMICM

pls check the domain name enteretd in SCOT

Thx

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help.

I m fairly new into WF and these Basis steps are new for me.

There are 4 profiles created in RZ10 - 2 start profiles and 2 instance profiles.

I am making changes in an instance profile. But after the changes when I try to activate, its showing some warnings and errors. But somehow it gets activated and an instance profile with version 2 is actively saved.

Also when I open MS OUTLOOK and go to the account settings, for Outgoing server ( SMTP ) , Authentication Required checkbox has been marked.

Now is any one of these the problem?

Regards.

Vipin Varghese.