cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install MDM7.1 on Windows Vista 32-bit OS

i am going to this path (F:\MDM7.1\Server_Installation\Installation_Master\MDM_SAPINSTGUI_WINDOWS_I386), executing "sapinstgui.exe" and getting below error

(Its not going to installation screen, by first screen itself showing below screen)

===========================================================================

Error:

SAPNETWEAVER

Error while connecting to communication partner - see preceeding messages. Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

host: localhost

Port:21212

Log on

===========================================================================

In above message by default its taking localhost as host and 21212 as Port and asking to Log On.

I tried with with that, but not loggin in

I also tried by giving local compter name as Host, but failed again.

Please advice me how to proceed.

Best Regards,

Pratyusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using the ip address. I have seen this exact error and using the IP fixed it.

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Try installing with SAPinst.exe and not sapinstgui.exe.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for your reply.

There is no file called SAPinst.exe in path F:\MDM7.1\Server_Installation\Installation_Master\MDM_SAPINSTGUI_WINDOWS_I386 ( this path is for 32-bit OS)

SAPinst.exe is there in this path "F:\MDM7.1\Server_Installation\Installation_Master\MDM_IM_WINDOWS_X86_64" But this path is for 64-bit OS

Please advice me how to proceed

Best Regards,

Pratyusha

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the version of Vista? is it home edition, Vista Home edition is not supported for SAP . You need atlease Vista Premium or buisness edition i guess.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Vista Enterprise Edition and also i tried on Windows XP SP2 ( different PC)

But it failed with same error.

Best Regards,

Pratyusha

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about Jave Runtime Environment and the environment variable. Most of the time installer failed due to this.

Regards

Subhash