cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null Values in the Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implenenting Vendor Object in our MDM landscape. After importing 10000 records, many of the values of a field display values "Null". We are matching on that field, which creates incorrect results.

We would like to remove thos values before we match the records.

Any ideas on how to do that?

BR

BY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

If I have understood your requirement correctly ,then you want to import data based on a selected matching field and this matching field in the source has Null values for some records which you do not wish to import.

If this is the case then use the configuration options in Import manager>Default Null Interpretation>you have 2 option available(Ignore Nulls and overwrite existing values with Nulls)>Select Ignore Nulls

Save this configuration and perform a fresh import in the repository to check if there is any change.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Login into your Vendor repository and check the Table Detail, you will find the display fields present in the repository, it is not necessary to make every field as Display field, display fields are mainly used when you deal with Java APIs and Relationships. Set the Display property to No for all the fields except the one as it is necessary to have one display field in the table. Now try importing you wont find Null values in those fields.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Boris,

I guess the field in the discussion, must be your display field. When you import files and if there are no values for the display field in the file, then for those records, the Null value is inserted. I am sure you made this as a display field for a requirement, but you can make the field as non-display field and there will not be any nulls.

I am not sure whether this is a right field you are matching on as it has many null values.

Anyways, look at this thread...

Thanks,

Shai