cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a XMLQuery sample?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a xmlquery sample for MII version 12.05?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be a bit more specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I created project.

i placed .xml file into project WEB (Web Tab).

I created Xml Query in Project (Catalog Tab).

I used .xml file in XmlQuery.

When I exeute (test) XML Query, it produces "fatal error message- error load content is empty".

How can i solve this problem?

.xml file is below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<monthly_sales>

<jan>45</jan>

<feb>29</feb>

<mar>51</mar>

<apr>36</apr>

<may>54</may>

<jun>32</jun>

</monthly_sales>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cemil,

what is the URL you entered in the XML Query?

If you just want to read the contents of a xml file, I would rather use the XML Loader action. You can use the XML Query to get the xml response of a web call, like in the following example:

http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=Status&Content-Type=text/xml

If you use this URL, the XML Query returns the status of your active data server connections.

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cemil,

Michael's recommendation for an XMLLoader is proper in this case, especially because the xml file format needs to be in Rowsets/Rowset/Row format (IllumDoc) for an XMLQuery (which is why you are getting the error). If you had a blank TRX workspace and used the drag and drop from the WEB project tree into a sequence I would imagine that all the XMLLoader action and all it's settings would automatically be established for you.

If you need this dataset in order to go to an iGrid or iChart for visualization purposes then you will of course need to convert it into IllumDoc format using a repeater with the doc building actions.

The XMLQuery pre-dates business logic by several years, and if your XML document is already in IllumDoc format makes for a direct path to visualization, and not require a TRX and XacuteQuery just to feed an applet.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (0)