Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannt change user passowrd from User Maintenance: Initial Screen

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've upgraded my ERP sandbox server to ERP 6.0 and I cannot change any user passwords from the User Maintenance: Initial Screen.

Steps to replicate

1.) Use su01

2.) enter a user login id

3.) Select the CHANGE PASSWORD icon

4.) Enter a new password

5.) renenter this new password

6.) Password Status = product Password

7.) Execute (Copy enter)

8.) Password status changes to "Initial password (set by administrator)" but I'm still in the change password pop-up and cannot get out unless I quit the pop-up

The password does not get reset. I can set the password by editing the user acccount (Maintain User), selecting the LOGON DATA tab and changing the password.

Any ideas how to get the passowrd to change from within User Maintenance: Initial Screen ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see the discussion and particularly Bernhard Hochreiter's comments in the thread:

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see the discussion and particularly Bernhard Hochreiter's comments in the thread:

Cheers,

Julius

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help this solved the problem

if the 'check'-button does not work as expected, this could be because of the implementation of note

#1166395. In some cases it happened, that after implementation of the corresponding supportpackage, the change of status has not been performed.

Please try the following:

-->(re)activate the GUI-status PASSWORD in the function group SUU5 (or the complete function group).

After that restart SU01. The check-button should work again then.

Edited by: Timothy Bondy on Feb 28, 2009 12:53 AM

0 Kudos

At the time, I also "faked" the problem in a test and corrected it without problems.

Not sure what the problem is in the original thread though because it is still open.

Perhaps they make changes directly in production...

Cheers and enjoy the weekend,

Julius