cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Adapter - getConnection() Method of CCIConnectionFactory never called

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have developed a PI Adapter. We are currenty experiencing the problem, that the getConnection() Method of CCIConnectionFactory is never called. This should be done by the Adapter Framework.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem ?

BR,

Mratin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the ra.xml in the adapter .rar file. In the ra.xml you have to declare the implementing classes of the JCA interfaces.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the question is still open.

please feel free to give me advice on how to solve the issue.

br,

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can anybody tell me, when and how this getConnection() Method is called.

In the javadoc it's mentioned that it is done by the adapter framework. is this correct ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you provide the code where you open and close the connection? There seems to be some problem with closing of connection and in turn problem with resource pooling. How are you ensuring that getConnection() is not getting called.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have added logging calls to the getConnection Method - precisely we have added the logging to both of the getConnection Methods.

BR,

MArtin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the descriptor is fine, as i don't get any failure during deployment.

When i am changing the classnames in the descriptor - in order to make a incorrect configuration - i get an error during deployment.

So the descriptor shouldn't be the problem.

Why is the method not called by the adapter framework ?

BR,

MArtin

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you let us know which version of PI are you using? PI 7.1 shouldn't use this class directly. I hope the descriptor files details are correct.

Can i run the self developed adapter also on the adapter engine or just on the PCK ?

You may very well run it on the adapter engine. Try it on decentralize adapter engine.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has nobody else experienced this problem ?

Can i run the self developed adapter also on the adapter engine or just on the PCK ?

BR,

MArtin

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Can i run the self developed adapter also on the adapter engine or just on the PCK ?

of course you can - PCK is usually just for adapter dev because

you can install it easily on your laptop

the only difference is that you need to deploy adapter's metadata

in a little bit different way (with files and not this PCK's page for metadata upload)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk