cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM- DECIMAL PLACES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

System is not accepting decimal places entered in Target values, Upper limit & lower limit of MIC in QS21. Only whole numbers are accepted. Also what is the meaning of upper plausibility limit & lower plausbility limits and what are their uses. Please guide.

Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RKM

I did not mean that. Even if I make an entry of decimal places = 3 , immediately a pop comes asking to enter a whole number only. Also elsewhere in other places ( other than MIC) also I cannot enter decimals. Is there any settings to be configured so that decimal results can be accepted.

regards

Selva

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selva,

Please check SAP Main Screen -> System ->User profile -> Own data ->Defaults ->Decimal Notation -> it should be 1,234,,567.89

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ron

Thanks for the reply.

regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sami & Nehal

Thanks for your replies. But there is already upper limit & Lower limit values in MIC. Why is then there a additional necessicity for Upper & Lower Plausibility limits. Will the Upper & Lower limits alone not be sufficient.

Regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Plausibility limits will give you a warning that the number entered is either way too large or small. An example is if your upper limit is 10.00, By default the system will give a warning if the number you enter is greater than 20.00 (100% over). This should catch things like people missing the decimal when the enter a value like entering 955 instead of 9.55. Other uses include where there is an absolute limit (like ph) and you want to warn people if they enter values outside the actual range.

- Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nehal

Thanks for the reply. I shall try the same and revert. Will you explain the use of Plausibility limits please.

regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selva

your target is 100 and upper plaus limit 2 --- system will accept upto 102 and if you enter 102.1 Rejected

Lower plaus limit 1 -

> less than 99 -

rejected

Let me know if it is not clear

thanks

Sami

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selva - this is the format of numbering system (decimal) in system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

While creating MIC, under the Quant. data Tab; we have an option of entering Decimal Places (upto 10 places). If you enter 3 here you can record result upto 3 decimal places while Result Recording.

Please try this.

Thanks,

RKM.