Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMIR

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Any chances to keep the material description in sales orders when the customers' material description is maintained in CMIR? Pls advise. Thx.

For e.g., A company names description for material 1 is A1. Customers' material description for material 1 is C1. Once maintaining CMIR, C1 overwrites A1 under Description field when creating orders. A company also need to keep A1 due to internal communication.

Yes, we can leave Description blank when maintaining CMIR. But, this field in CMIR is open to enter. In case this field is maintained...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cathy,

One possiblity is as follows

configure text procedure with a text Id customer material info - and let this flow form cust- mat info to text id

the normal material description remains as it is

this way you can have both and not change any text in material master too

else

configure text id with material sales text , which u maintain in material master - maybe same as the original desciption- chnage materials

let CMIR text flow as normal- in tihs you can also have both

Hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy

CMIR is customer and material specific master record

Say a material is pen and the description is pen in material master record and the customer A wants to call it as Super pen and we can define the same in CMIR

whenever a sales order is created for this customer A for pen the description in sales order it will be Super pen

This is Only for customeer A and that too in sales order and then delivery etc

Internally that material is managed as pen only every where

when this order goes for PGI the internal documents will be shown as pen only

CMIR is a master records where we can define a lot of controls for customer and material specific like plant, shipping data and description etc (It is more of a control data)

Regards

raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

Thx for your prompt reply.

Yes, the example provided by Raja is correct. But, the question is internal docs still shows super pen after PGI, billing. U know, I see it under Description field in orders, delivery, invoice.

Any solutions?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy

Normally in sale order, material description will flow from the field MAKTX from material master which you can see in Basic Data1.

With this, I think your requirement is achieved.

If my understanding is wrong, please let me know.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not maintain any description for CMIR, we just maintain the material name that customer used to cal of our material. And material description is always remain same because cmir & material number both has different column.

Rgds

San