cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver - Can it do this?

0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have been tasked with producing a report for our IT manager giving an overview on SAP products available to our company (through our licensing conditions), their uses etc. The main area I have concentrated on is the SAP NetWeaver products. However I was given a few specific areas that are of interest, and Iu2019m unable to pin point if NetWeaver can do this specific activity:-

Synchronising Microsoft Outlook address book information with SAP ERP. This could be a one way sync (i.e. outlook could be the reader) or bi-directional . What SAP NetWeaver product will do this, are there any draw backs etc?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Liz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out following link.

[http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/duet/FX101686211033.aspx]

[]

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Chintawar on Feb 27, 2009 4:08 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you Mukhuti for your reply.

Unfortunately "Duet" is going to be out of the question as it costs! So we are looking for solutions with the software we have i.e. SAP Netweaver and SAP ERP system. I haven't had any experience with SAP portal, but I will read up on the subject. If anyone else has any suggestion please let me know.

Regards

Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

If user data for Netweaver Portal comes from same data source as Outlook, i.e. for example Microsoft ADS, the user data is same and no need to synchronize.

If however, the data sources are different, go to Microsoft duet site for more information.

You can also write custom programs which will do the following:

Outlook data source ->csv/xml file -> Custom Program-> UME