cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have created Project definition, 7 WBS Elements in project, 1 Network and 20 Activities.

All activities are looped in (established relationship) one network and assigned to WBSEs in project.

I have also mentioned the normal duration for each activity in network.

I want to do scheduling of these activities with following specific requirements -

1) Backward scheduling is to be done...start date for network can be either today's date or it can also be in the past...end date for completion of network is fix.

2) Scheduling is to be done on network and its activities, the dates should be determined by the system for activities and should be transfered to the respective WBS elements (i.e. network determined dates)

I have maintained following config settings -

Scheduling Parameters -

Adjust date - 2 (do not adjust)

Scheduling type - 2 (Backward)

Automatic scheduling - Ticked

Reduction strategies - NA

Parameters of Scheduling -

Backward, network det date, adjust basic dates (tick), Automatic scheduling (Tick)

Question - what steps should I follow to schedule the project in order to satisfy above mentioned requirements and with above mentioned config settings???

Do I need to chage anything in the config???

Helpful answer will be blessed by full marks.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimal,

If you would like that the dates of activities are tranfered to the WBS, then the WBS scheduling parameters\profile is important beseide the secheduling settings for network. At least, the 'strictly bottom up' schould be set. Please take a look the consulting note 683940. The cosulting note 151551 for network is useful to have a look.

Please donot forget to trigger the scheduling via CJ20N, CJ29 or CJ2B. Using network scheduling e.g. CN22, CN24 doesnot transferred the dates to WBS.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (0)