cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR Web Service VirsaCCRiskAnalysisService

Former Member
0 Kudos

When iam trying to run the web service VirsaCCRiskAnalysisService through RAR ( ie GRC V5.3)

If i dont pass the User Id it goes into loop and iam getting Time Out ( Socket Exception )

But if i pass the User Id Then iam getting sucessful results

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help Required

Edited by: Mph Mph on Mar 3, 2009 12:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you are still getting the answer. In simple words, you can not via web services. It can not handle the amount of data the analysis will return. So, user id or role id would be mendatory if you use web service to run risk analysis. This web service is not available for you to use. It is being used by CUP and ERM tool which sends either user id or role id to RAR.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying this service is for internal use only and cannot be used for our own requirement? I agree that you need to pass userid without which analysis will not work.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

As u mentioned that userid or role id has to be passed

i have found out that in the web services for userid

objType = 1 (For User )

For role what should be the objType

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mph!

The objType for role = 2 and for profiles = 3.

--

Thanks,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh /Aman

Does SAP GRC 5.3 support both 1) Request Based Provisioning and 2) Direct Provisioning

if so then which are the web services to be called

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is how it will work. When you don't send userID, web service needs to run RA for all the users. In this case, it will end up with more than 200 violations. Web service can not handle more than certain number of violations so it will time out. USE WEBSERVICES CAREFULLY. Always pass some type of filtering capability. Even if you pass one user who has more than 200-300 violations, web service will time out.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

Very Much Thanks for the answer

But usually SOD Analysis is done against rules or entitlements so is user id mandatory

Cant we run the web services without giving the user id as input parameter

Thanks