cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous-Asynchronous Interface with Java Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!!

I have an Interface which begins on SAP with a call to an asynchronous ABAP Proxy . Xi sends the message to Java Proxy Server. This Java Proxy Server calls to a Java Proxy Client that sends the response to SAP through XI. This response is taken on SAP on ABAP Proxy Inbound.

These arquitechture is a requirement, because the time between the request and the response could be 30 minutes and the user shouldn't be waiting the response synchronously.

Is there any way to the user could manage the response in the same "thread" that he opened in the request?

I hope have been clear enough.

Thanks and regards,

Manuel Míguez.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only possibility I could think of is using correlation. There also you have the limitation of java proxy as it does not support adapter modules. Could you use SOAP for your scenario?

JMS receiver could use inherent properties to define correlations. But as your case is non-JMS, you have to define it manually. Say, if your receiver system is X, then the request from XI to system X should carry its message ID information. While X created the response message, it should use this message ID as the correlation ID for the response message. This could be achieved using an adapter module.

I guess you were not looking for such a complex solution.

Regards,

Prateek