cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment cost of Purchase requisitions for Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is like , I don't want Purchase requisitions cost to come under commitment cost for Project.

Is it possible to do so.?

If yes, then how.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vishal,

As far as I remember, there is a flag names 'calculation relevant' in the purchase requisistion. You can untick and then it is not taken into account for costs calculation (commitment).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I am unable to find the same in Purchsase requisition.

Can the same be done through config.

Regards,

Vishal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need to assign a CO object to a purchase requisition row. If you do not do so, then the commitment is not displayed in CO.

That means in the account assignment tab of purchase requisition,if you don't enter wbs or networkactivity,the commitment for the project will be zero.

Hope this helps,

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I double check it again. The flag is availble in the Tab 'Purch Data' in CN22, if this purchase requisition is triggered by the network. But as far as I tested, the flag 'CostRel' doesnot have the effect, which I said before. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deactivate commitment management from CO module for PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to settings for Availability control in SPRO=> PS=>Cost=>Budget=>Specify tolerance limits and remove 'Purchase Requisition' from the Availability group. By default it is ++ that is all transaction types are selected.

This way your PR commitment will go out of budget avaliability control.

However it will keep updating in table and will appear in reports unless you filter out based on value type (=21) in reports for commitment.

with regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am unable to remove Purchase requisition from from Availability control grp. . Not able to find any options for delete or remove.

In case i am going for Virender' solution , then

if i remove commitment management, then the PO value will also not come under commitment management.But i dont want that.

Please suggest .

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried all options as is mentioned in your replies, but i am getting following problems:

First I am not able to delete/remove Purchase requisition from actvity grp. of Availability control, where tolerence limit is maintained.

Second , not able to find Purchase requistion in Commitment management , so that i could deactive the same.

Need your suggestion.

Regards,

Vishal

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Virendra,

you can deactivate the commitment menagment in OKKP txn ( Maintain Controlling area ) --> slect your CoAr --> (Double click ) Activate component /control indicator --> Commitmment management --> select drop down componenet not active.

Make not that by doing this your are going to make inactive commitment management to entire controlling area. with referenct ot PS. i.e. all the project belongs to that controllling area.

The SPRO node for the same is PS-->Cost --> Activate Project Management in Controlling Area.

Please refer this post.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/a9/ab7868414111d182b10000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin Patoliya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As pasted below, apart from ++ there are various transaction groups available to choose from. ++ is nothing but convinient way of choosing all in one shot as a group. If you want to exclude PR commitment then seperately choose each transaction group excluding ++ & 00

Tr.Grp Short Descript.

++ All activity groups

00 Purchase requisition

01 Purchase order

02 Orders for project

03 Goods issue

04 Financial accounting docum

05 CO document

06 Budgeting

07 Funds reservation

08 Fixed prices in project

09 Payroll

This will incerase your config activity to the extent that for each budget profile and action pair, you'll have to create 9 lines (after excluding ++ & 00) instead of earlier one with ++ only. But this will give you the result that you want.

Additionally, if you are changing this settings when some PR commitment already exists then after changing it would be good to run program RKANBU01, followed by T-codes CJEN & then CJBN.

with regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Thanks for your input.

I have configured the budget profile as suggested by you. However, PR is still generating commitment for new as well as old projects. What can be the reason?

Can you provide some solution.

Thanks and best regards

Bharat parikh

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you finally solve this issue?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can just set G/L account as blank in PR, so without cost element PR don't generate co document-commitment.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> How did you finally solve this issue?

>

> Thanks

Question

>

> Dear All,

>

> My requirement is like , I don't want Purchase requisitions cost to come under commitment cost for Project.

>

> Is it possible to do so.?

>

> If yes, then how.

>

> Regards,

> Vishal

Answer

>

> As suggested by Virendra,

> you can deactivate the commitment menagment in OKKP txn ( Maintain Controlling area ) --> slect your CoAr --> (Double click ) Activate component /control indicator --> Commitmment management --> select drop down componenet not active.

>

> Make not that by doing this your are going to make inactive commitment management to entire controlling area. with referenct ot PS. i.e. all the project belongs to that controllling area.

>

> The SPRO node for the same is PS-->Cost --> Activate Project Management in Controlling Area.

>

> Please refer this post.

> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/a9/ab7868414111d182b10000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

>

> Regards

> Nitin Patoliya

Correct answer already given by Virendra & Nitin, Please try the solution before posting further queries.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishal:

if i remove commitment management, then the PO value will also not come under commitment management.But i dont want that.