Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Sale Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with SD/FI. The details are given below:

I would like to cancel a Sales Order due to wrong sold-to-party selected. There is an existing accounting document created.

How do I proceed with the cancellation of the Sales Order? I want to prevent this SO from being used.

This is the first transaction. Actually, the Accounting document generated through Billing Document and the same was cleared against down payment.

Is it possible to cancel the Sale Order to change the sold-to-party without affecting the Sale Order.

As per my observation, it is not possible once the accounting document generated.

If we want to cancel the Sale Order, is it possible?

Reverse the clearing document, down payment document & billing document.

Then cancel the billing document.

Hence, we can cancel the Sale Order.

It will affect the previous period balances. Is it correct??

Can any one give some guidelines. Whether I am correct or not??

Thanks & Regards,

SAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have blocked delivery and Billing through Sale Order and tried for subsequent billing.

It is not allowing.

I need this only.

Done.

Thanks for all information.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to select "Cancel Sales Deal" through Reason for rejection field. When I tried this field is greyed out. How to open and activate this field like FSV in FI.

Can any one give steps?

Regards,

SAP SUCCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your efforts and replies.

As per discussion, I convinced to make JV for subsequent adjustment.

How to protect the concern sale order to avoid future use.

I hv tested in SO through development after selecting "Cancel Sales Deal" in the field Reason for Rejection.

Tried for billing and it is not allowing.

Can I suggest this methodology??

Pls note that there is no sales scenario. The contract and deposit money transactions handled

through SD.

Please give your opinon or give some more stop to prevent the SO.

Regards,

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete a sale order if there is a subsequent document to that. In your case, since already you have generated billing, unless you cancell the billing via VF11, reverse the PGI via VL09 and delete the delivery via VL02N, you cannot cancel the order.

As you said the accounting document is also cleared then you have to get it reset with the help of FICO through transaction FBRA. Then only you will be able to cancel the billing document.

If you dont want to process the sales order further then what you can do is that you assign Reason for Rejection for the line item and close the sale order.

For your period balance query if you are cancelling in the current period then there wont be any issue. both the entries will knock off each other. But if the billing document is generated in the past period and you are cancelling it in the current then there will be two entries. But if you take the balace as on todays date then there will not be any open item related to this billing document.

Hope it clarifies

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will effect the previous period balances . Since you have to reverse the billing document and the accounting entry ( from the receivables) will get reversed.

Well, you can 1) cancell billing doc. VF11.

2) reverse goods issue VF09

3) delete the delivery. VL02N

4) delete the sales order VA02.

Thanks,

Rupak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do the reverse process to cancel your particular sales order.

Go to VF11 to cancel your billing document.

Now go to VL02N to delete your delivery document.

Now go to VA02 to delete or cancel your sales order.

Regards

Raj.

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP,

Check this link -

Regards,

SARTHAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP, you cannot cancel a document if a subsequent document is generated. Reverse the acc doc, the invoice and then put a billing block in the SP for preventing it to be used in the sales order.

Also you put a rejection reasopn in the order so that the sales order is rejected. In such a case, this sales order shall not be used again.

Hope it helps.

Shivaji.

Edited by: Shivaji Paul Choudhury on Feb 27, 2009 3:47 PM

Edited by: Shivaji Paul Choudhury on Mar 5, 2009 10:01 AM