cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Excel directly from ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello forum,

i'm working with our custmom ITS Services since 2004. Therefore we had build an exceldownload via mime_download technology. This works fine for the process:

Saving File with extension .csv from open Popup. After return to the popup click OPEN and Excel will be open.

Now i'm searching for a method to execute the excel directly inside Internet Explorer or in a new window using my data from internal table without saving first.

I know there are sevaral fine methods at class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES which work inside R/3 very well, but not by using internal WebAS.

So know my questions:

1) Are there any possible methods / functions to execute excel with data from internal table (have still transported and displayed to ITS Template) ?

2) Maybe there exist ActiveX Controls that could read out a html table an transport this to excel. I do not know any. Meanwhile if one exists, do i need special javascripting for executing the ActiveX?

3) It is no problem to save the data into an .csv file without a dialog by using the

METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download . so maybe an call of a BSP would solve the problem.

Is anyone familar with calling an BSP Application from ITS Service Template which only execute Excel and get the file from saved place before.

I have only worked with simple BSPs. It would be helpful to guide me what to do when i'm at the OnInitialsation Event. The comments and Logs on BSP Forum would not help me very well.

I'll thank you so much

Thorsten

Enviroment Information:

Backend: ECC6.0 SAP BASIS 7.0 Patch level 0014

WebAS integrated ITS Netweaver 7.0 Patch level 0014

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

In general I would say that this is not possible. Please see the limitations of the ITS webgui in note 314568, OLE Automation and Office Integration is not supported.

You might want to try asking the question in the BSP forum though for a solution there. Best of luck,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Edgar,

thanks for your reply. Your answer is that what i consider before. By the way: we do not allow the webgui functionality in generell due to security rules.

But know my customers wil be satisfied with using the OPEN option from the POPUP which mime_download offers to open EXCEL without saving first.

By using the method

{SEPARATED BY cl_abap_char_utilities=>horizontal_tab.}

i could separated the row cells and the Download works fine, but will displayed inside the IE.

After all i'm looking for the next challenge:

The EXCEL will be open in the same browser at this moment. And you know that browser back are forbidden in due to the synchronisation by ITS. There was no easy way back to my application. (Browser Back and refresh).

After some reseach an tests i'll find the following way:

1) Using

{CALL FUNCTION 'ITS_WGATEURL'} to get the current WGATEURL concatenate an &OKCODE

to the URL

2) Using

{CALL FUNCTION 'ITS_BROWSER_WINDOW_OPEN'}

EXPORTING

url = gv_url

to open a new ITS Window instance.

Unfortunally EXCEL would not open. But if i had a roundtrip of my template the open window and the open mime_download works. So i've to do the

3) Step:

Using Javascript to process one time the template onload, by setting a global parameter. Now the event on the Button works fine, opens The Downloadfile inside IE an EXCEL.

The origin List stays and the synchronisation makes not Problem, cause dynpro haven't change.

Last: The way over BSP will not be the focus at this moment.

Thanks

Best regards

Thorsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least i'll find a way to display the result in IE directly. See my comments to Edgar for near informations.

Thanks for recognise my postings.

Best regards

Thorsten