Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Material Block in a Distribution Channel

Hello,

I want to block a material in a particular distribution channel, so that I will not be able to create any sales order for that material in that distribution channel.

I had marked the material for deletion through MM06 in the required sales org and distribution channel. But the system is not stopping me to create sales orders and then the delivery documents.

Could you please advise me how to tackle this situation.

Regards

Ritam

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ritam,

You use the same procedure to block all material types. To block trading goods, for example, use the following steps:

In the SD Master Data Screen select, Products ® Material ® Trading goods ® Change.

You reach the Change Material: Initial Screen.

Enter the trading goods you want to block.

Press ENTER.

A dialog box appears in which you can select a view.

Select view Sales 1

Press ENTER.

Another dialog box appears in which you must define the organizational level.

Enter a valid combination of plant, sales organization and distribution channel.

Press ENTER.

You reach the Change Material: Sales (1) screen.

Enter a blocking reason in the Sales status field.

Press ENTER.

Save the data record and return to the initial screen. You receive a message informing you that the material has been changed.

And to Delete

You can mark a material of the material type "trading goods" for deletion by using the following steps:

In the SD Master Data Screen select, Products ® Material ® Trading goods ® Change.

You reach the Change Material: Initial Screen.

In the menu bar, select Material ® Set deletion flag ® Immediately.

You reach the screen Flag Material for Deletion: Initial Screen, in which you enter the material, as well as the data on the organizational level.

Press ENTER.

You reach anotherDisplay screen.

In the left column mark the material and the organizational level at which you want to mark the material for deletion.

Press ENTER.

The material is marked for deletion.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question