cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Target Sys setting in .NET Connector v1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the SAP .NET connector (v1). An RFC that I'm calling requires me to set a parameter called "RFC Target Sys"

How do I set this with the .NET Connector? Is this the same thing as the SYSID? I'm assuming it's not. Do I need to call another function that sets that value for me and then call the original function?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See my <b>former post</b>:

<i>

It ist the same problem. I want to just read out the RFC Attributes - you want to set one. You can insight the Attributes in the VS Debugger with your SAP Connection Object (<i>.conn.attr</i>), but the <b>member</b> is <b>protected</b>, so <b>you'll not be able</b> to read out the attributes in your program, not to mention writing in it.

If you want to step back to standard <b>RFC C library</b>, <b>you'll be able</b> to set the attributes on the RFC connection - but not with .net conn (afaik - cause nobdy yet replied to my post).

<b>Is anybody out there who can help us??</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What RFC function module are you talking about? Is it a SAP function module or a cusomer function module?

Regards,

Guangwei Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a custom RFC that calls another system (Non SAP - I think to an oracle database).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

If it is a customer RFC, only the author or the doc of this function module can tell you what is exactly required to be set.

No such parameter or setting is required by the .NET Connector or the underlying RFC library.

Regards,

Guangwei Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

The author of the RFC created a temporary version and forced the setting within the RFC. It worked after that.