Did you mean: 

Digital Signature & Encryption for PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Bearing in mind the following:

I'm very new to SAP XI & Security...

Scenario:

I'm trying to put together a solution for a customer whereby they require that SAP SD Invoices be Digitally Signed and encrypted and then mailed out to a customer. They are considering 2 options, do it in ABAP stack or do it through XI. They are currently doing the invoices in SAP SD, creating the invoice as a PDF & then mailing it to the customer. Regulations stipulate that these invoice PDF's must be digitally signed and encrypted.

SAP SD ---> Invoice (PDF) ---> External Customer <Current Procedure>

I've gone through many, many blogs & downloaded a lot of PDF's from SDN relating to this subject but it seems like they are all missing the mark somewhat with my requirement. It could be because I don't understand it too well.

With this in mind, please advise on the following:

- What is the right way to do this? (ABAP or XI)

- In either case, please provide step-by-step approach.

- If XI is used, how will the invoice data get to XI? IDoc?

One possible solution was blog: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6485] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

But that is signing the message. I need to actual PDF document signed.

Thanks, Trevor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback guys. Joel, the link tells me what is possible not how to achieve it. Where do I start? I've even been exploring the iText library as a possible solution but that would mean me re-inventing the wheel & re-creating the PDF in XI & formatting it the way it's currently done in ABAP.

Can I receive the PDF somehow (SMTP Adapter) from ABAP & then digitally sign that PDF attachment in XI & then mail it out to external customer? Or am I using the wrong approach?

Thanks, Trevor

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the pdf documents have already been taken care by ABAP then let abap only take care of digitally signing it. Because i once a had a requirement of having to generate pdf as an output of XI and that involved ADS configuration and installation of sap self extractor for MFC application.Big headache...

Digital signing and encryption of files from ABAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/53/251a355d0c4d78e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Rgds

joel

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Irrelevant Links. Please provide answer specific to question asked.

Edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal on Feb 27, 2009 3:56 AM