Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZDATE_ILLEGAL_LOCTIME error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting an error message as above wheneevr i am trying to do anything on SAP.(even Logon)

Can you guys advice if there is a way other than restarting SAP server to resolve this.

Regards,

Chinmaya

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked the time in the system at os level.Is the time of your os and application is same.

If not then rectify and check.

Regards,

Amit

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please check SAP note 447839 (check time settings and restart system afterwards...

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

HI Bernhard,

I did check the note 447839 and than restarted the application and databse system and now they are working allright. I didnt however use the SAPtimetrace executable file. However later I found out that my domain controller set the date to 01.01.1970 ( SAP Note 323954 refers to a situation like this.) Now if this has happened and one of the DB tables has an entry of 01.01.1970, the back up will fail and this will result in a data loss for today. As a backup will fail everyday from now on.

I understand that this may be due to a workprocess picking up the incorrect date? Is there any way I can find out a log of workprocess errors?

Also if the backup fails is there any way I can prevent from the data being lost.

Best,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

the backup came through allright.. so i suppose no need to update my resume!