cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wendynpro Java application in Mobile Devices(Portal 7.0 sp10)

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam new to MI Technology, I have couple of doubts.

Can we create a Netweaver mobile project using Webdynpro Java, and run it in a Mobile device. If so what all configurations need to done in SAP netweaver Studio. What all softwares needs to be installed , I am using SAP Netweaver Portal 7.0 SP10. Also could anyone help in create a sample mobile project(Step By Step ) .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My problem is solved. i have installed the necessary blackberry softwares and configured the run.bat file for MDS Service folder. It is working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

For different types of emulators you can refer to the following wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/general-Getting+Started

And for you question related to Always connected technology.

you may not need to make major UI modification to your web dynpro application to display it on an emulator. the changes are to be done when you have used a UI element which has a very large width setting.

As for the URL parameter changes you can refer to help.sap site

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7d/28fa3e7cb1d861e10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont get confused between Mobile webdynpro always conneted and MI, they are 2 different technologies for developing mobile applications.

In mobile web dynpro, applications are created in NWDS just like any other application, application is deployed and run. The URL obtained after running the application is used to display the same application in an emulator. However you may have to change the URL parameter to ensure proper rendering of the UI elements.

In MI you need to use a different API to develop mobile applications.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

I think iam understanding a little bit.

However you may have to change the URL parameter to ensure proper rendering of the UI elements.

For the above stmt, do you have any doc or blogs for reference. Becuase i have my webdynpro app and i need to show it in Mobile device. I see this is an Online scenario.

Secondly:

In MI you need to use a different API to develop mobile applications.

Can you make above stmt little more clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

as per as iam concern there is no seperate mobile application, you can develop a web dynpro application and give the URL of the purticular application in the mobile device to acess the application.

Regards

Manohar

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is ok. When we want to display my webdynpro application in the mobile do i need put any extra effort, then how could i display it.Then why this MI is for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

NO need of any extra effors and the basic use of MI is for offline connection.

and you have a seperate API to develope a MI Application.

and you need a seperate MI server to access MI application.

Regards

manohar

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

Do i need a seperate MI Server to access MI Application.Ok.

I need to know one thing. How do i configure the MI Development Settings? From NWDS i see the documentation, but the thing is do i need to have a Apache Server or AWT Installed in my local machine.

Second thing was Suppose i want to develop the same webdynpro application as an MI Application do i need to do it from the scratch.

Can you please provide your contact number to have a clear idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically there are 2 types of applications

1.Always Connected(Mobile Web dynpro)

2.Ocassionally Connected(Mobile Infrastructure)

If you are going for MI it has two types JSP and AWT ,even for JSP applications also along with the MI server we get Apache Tomcat along with it as a built in tool.

And for MI you need a seperate server with java stack and abap stack(MI Server).

When you develop a MI application and if you want the same application in Mobile web dynpro,you have to develop the same appicaiton again.

Because both has different API.

And you please provide you mail id so that i can send you a test mail.

Thanks and Regards

Manohar

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Always Connected(Mobile Web dynpro)

Can you make it clear for the avove stmt.

If i have a webdynpro app, now i want my webdynpro app to view in mobile device. For this what i need to do.

Do i need to change the UI layer of webdynpro app and make the screen which fits in mobile device or the MDS will be taking care of it.

Can you please let me know about this.

ksn_it(attherateof)(redfmal(dot)com

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are the emulator (Simulators) are freeware or should be bought from anyone.Can anyone tell about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

1. The UI needs to be re written by using supported elements : Check the below link:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/c136cb0f241d66e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">Mobile Web Dynpro Online</a>

2. Emulators (If u r talking about Windows Mobile emulators for checking the rendering):

Yes they are free and available from microsoft:

Windows Mobile 6 Standalone emulator image (will give standalone - chosen language - OS image with the device emulator software needed to emulate the device using the OS image):

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=47&p=1&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=06111a3a-a651-4745-88ef-3d48091a390b&u=details.aspx%3ffamilyid%3d38C46AA8-1DD7-426F-A913-4F370A65A582%26displaylang%3den">Windows Mobile 6 Localized Emulator Images</a>

Hope this solves your question/problem.

Regards,

Veera

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please provide the links. I think what ever content you have provided is crossed.Please check it once.

I need for blackberry device weather it is a freeware or licensed one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

I have edited my previous post (maybe after u checked - a problem with SDN link code - changed it to general a href Check the post again)

You can get the different blacberry OS emulators here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=060AD92489947D410D897474079C1477

First confirm for which Blacberry device you are developing for and then get that particular OS emulator. Check out www.blackberry.com for usage related document for Blacberry Simulators.

This should solve your question.

Regards,

Veera

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have already visited this blackberry site but i could not get a clear idea weather it is freeware or licensed one.Could you please let me know weather it is a freeware or Licensed one.

I want to try a sample webdynpro application, for this i can use any of the simulator i guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

It is a freeware for all developers to develop and test applications.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

black berry(simulator) is a freeware and you can download it from the blackberry site and windows emulator which can be downloaded from microsoft site.

for black berry you need to download the simulator

BlackBerry_Simulators_4[1].7.0.41_9530

and to run the appication you require the MDS for this purticular simulator i.e

BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4[1].1.4

and first you run the MDS and then start the simulator.

Regards

Manohar