Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Scan document into DMS

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Presently we are using Omni Flow software for scanning the documents & storing. In this after scanning we can save file directly in Omni flow. No need to save in local file.We can scan 20 pages in one go & while saving we can split the no. of pages like 2 page to x document, 10 pages to y docuement & remainin 8 pages to Z document.

We proposed to use DMS for this purpose. Thru this we need to scan to local drive & give the unique no. accordinlgy. After this thru CV01N we need to take that file & attach here.

In this process following problems we have:

1. Manually giving the unique no., so to manage is difficult

2. Suppose there are 10 documents scanned, while picking & attaching in CV01N user can attach same docuemnt twice. There is no control in this process. . More over we have to keep more space in local drive also.

3. We can't split the document after scanning whether it may be in PDF or TIF format. We need to scan all pages in one go, so that load on scanner will be reduced & splitting after wards accordingly as per requirement.

I am considering we need to scan 20 pages of one document and there may be 500 docuements to be scanned.

Is there any better process to control manual work , duplication of work.

Regards

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For your first question

you can customize the document type to use internal numbering system thereby system itself assigns number when a new document/dir is created.

Regards

Prasad

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do know that we can get DMS no internally & I did the customization accordingly. Even I did userexit for no. range so that for all docuemnts generated a fixed PREFIX no. will be generated.

I am talking of while saving in your local drive the scanned docuemnt. How to manage that ? This before creating doc. in CV01N itself.

I am talking before doing activities in CV01N.

Regards

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can u more details of SEAL.

Without getting new software is it possible. If required we can get new developement in ABAP.

We did developed reports by which I can complete IW & RE status in one go for mutiple invoices.

We also developed after completion of RE, the values of Invoices will store in one of the characteristics in DMS .

We did screen exit for Invoice verification we can see DMS docuemnt.

Pls. guide me how to go about the development.

I am thinking some other way,

1. We can have scanner which gives numbers sequentially by itself.

2. Thru BAPI I will update / create all DMS documents. In this we will make a folder for each day. Take the data from that folder.

Is there any better way with in SAP.

However suggestions like SEAL is alo welcome.

Regards

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We approched vendors directly & solving it.

Regards

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

If you are using Omni flow then why you are migrating to DMS?

There are better Solutions in market to carry out your work such as Readsoft.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande