cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activity dates change irregularly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i meet a problem. could you help me on it?

i created the project with many activities and used project scheduling to determine the start and finish dates of each activity.

these start and finish dates are very important when they are used to compare the actual dates.

the project lasts for almost a year.

several months later, i suddenly found the scheduled start and finish dates of activities changed.

the change is irregular.

but i compare them with the orignial data in EXCEL, they are totally different.

i used CN60 to check the change documents, and found the basic finish date of network changes from time to time. it seems that when i opened the project and save, the project is re-scheduled. but i am not sure if the activity change is caused by the network date change.

there are materials assigned to the activities. and the PR

and production order will be created accordingly. will the date of the orders affect the dates of the activities?

can you explain the reason for me?

I just want to have a project in which the dates are unchangeable except by the owner.

is there anything important in the configuration to achieve it?

thanks a lot .

Judy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

I assume, the activity-confirmation or the 'days in the past' in the settings cause the different scheduling result. Please see consulting note 151551 to have more details about the logic. May be you can find out, why the system get the different scheduling results.

The dates PR and the PP will not affected as far as I known.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zhenbo Wang

thank you very much for your reply.

when I save the project in the project builder, the message sometimes appears "start in the past..."

does it mean i have to set the number in the "start in the past" for example 200?

by the way, i use the network determines the date.

there are Specify Parameters for Network Scheduling and Define Parameters for WBS Scheduling, do i have to set the "start in the past" for both of them or one of them?

i also use partially confirmation. i think it will cause the activity dates change also.

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help on the questions I posted.

Your answers are very helpful.

The customer code is s0003918877.

When the note 329745 is available, please let me know.

Also, I am some testing.

In the Specify Parameters for Network Scheduling and Define Parameters for WBS Scheduling, I set both u201Cstart in the pastu201D 999.

And I create the new project, do the partially confirmation.

The earliest and latest dates are not overwritten by the actual dates

But I am not sure if the setting is right. Is there anything important I need to pay attention to?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much.

Judy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There can be many reasons why dates would change.

In scheduling parameters for network (OPU6) uncheck the tick Automatic Scheduling. Now the project wont get scheduled during each save, rather only when you want it one can manually schedule.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i dosn't tick the automatic scheduling in OPU6, i change the activity duration and save the project , the scheduling cannot be done automatically.

i am afraid it is not right.

does anyone else know ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The setting I told will take effect in new networks. For existing you will have to manually remove the tick on Schediling tab of network.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i change the setting and create the new project.

the conclusion is based on the new project.