cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam having some issues creating a costing model and derivation rule to it.

1. created a characteristic using CT04 with charac group.

2. assigned to the costing model - CKCM

3. clicked on the derivation rule (template) - The issue is i get an warning message - the reference object can now no longer be changed. I selected WBS reference and then it takes me to the derivation rule definition. I defined the derivation rule saved it.

When i try to use it in CJ20N through planning forms nothing happens and when i go check it in CKCM the derivation rule is vanished.

Could you tell me what is going on here.

Am I missing any configuration or Why do i get the warning reference object can no longer be changed. My gut feel this is causing the problem. One more thing, i cannot change any of the existing costing model's derivation rule.

Could some one help me with this? Appreciate it

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I tried to even copy the existing costing model but after i save it and goto CKCM the derivation rule is blank.

I clicked on heirarchy i could not find the costing model that i saved. It does not show up in the COTPL table.

Where can i find the assignment of cost component to Plant/CC

Thanks. appreciate your help folks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better to take help of your CO consultant if one is around because something done by you in the cost component structure configuration may disturb product costing if it is being used in your organization.

SPRO=> Project System =>Costs=>Planned Costs =>Easy Cost Planning and Execution Services=>Easy Cost Planning=>Define Cost Component Structure

You may also create a seperate Cost Comp structure for PS in case you require so, its possible.

Edited by: Ravi Shrivastav on Mar 2, 2009 12:07 PM

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The ECP is a functionality in the controlling, the project system only integrates with it. So that the core functionality like costing model belongs to controlling. May be you can find more helps in the forum for controlling.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can't say what your problem may be but 2 things, that steps you are following are correct. The warning message is normal and comes when you first create a template and assign a reference object to it, it possibily means that you'll not be able to change the ref object later once selected. I am creating costing models same way and they are working.

You can chk further on following points:

1. Is Cost component structure correctly maintained and assigned to your company code/plant

2. Check if your costing variant (PS06 as supplied by SAP) is correct and that it is correctly assigned to the planning profile

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav