Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add material to Inbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

I have a question from my client.

As for Transfer Order creation, we used Inbound Delivery as reference document. But in some cases when the material arrived from Vendor, some materials are not in the Inbound Delivery.

Can we add a new material to Inbound Delivery and the material is reference to Purchase Order Line Item as Predesessor Data.

Thanks in advanced for any reply

Best Regards,

Sugiharto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are some items physically missing the you should post the TO items (missing items) with a difference. Why you want to add items in your delivery? This may result in inconsistencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

Thanks for your reply

I like to add more material to my Inbound Delivery before I create Transfer Order, because when the material is came from the vendor, there are additional material that delivered by vendor but we still want to accept the material.

So before creating the Transfer Order, I would like to add new material to Inbound Delivery.

Thanks.

Sugiharto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a business point of view, you dont want this:

• the vendor just ships stuff that you've never ordered and you just allow this;

• even if you agree to keep the stuff, the vendor will send an invoice for this and without a PO, you dont have a reference;

The normal process would be, put the stuff in the 902, check whether you want to keep the stuff or not and add the materials to the PO and create an additional inbound delivery. You could also do a GR in blocked stock for this.

But in case you really wna this, go to customizing of the delivery type and set there that there is no need for a reference to a PO. This will allow you to add items or create inbound deliveries without reference to a PO.

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marsikin,

This is a very common scenario and it is not advisable to keep adding materials to the inbound deliveries. Mainly because the delivery is attached to the PO any changes in the process should start at the PO level. Add material to the PO and create additional inbound delivery.

Good luck !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MdZ and Avi,

Thanks for the reply.

It's seem that I must create a new Inbound Delivery if I want to add additional material when I want to receipt additional material that not exist in Inbound Delivery.

Because it's seem that I can not add a new material to Inbound Delivery that reference to Purchase Order Line.

Thanks

Sugiharto

Answers (0)