cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying designer-x.sar to ITS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to apply the patch designer-x.sar to the ITS so that I can have the two services sap_preview and sap_generate.

When I extracted, the sar file, I got something like services,templates folders.

Now where do I place them.

I also need to genERATE ITS Stylesheet on Portal.

So I made use of ITS Theme generator to apply changes to the chosen theme.

I see no change in the ITS Pages of that user(for whom this theme is assigned),

Can you please also tell mehow I must bring this up.

Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me the steps that I must follow in order to configure this after generating the theme.

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, I had actually done that.But since I did not know how to apply the theme generated, I thought I had installed wrongly.

Any case,

The problem which I am facing is this-

I had sucessfully followed the Procedure that was described in the link given by you and the theme has been generated.

Buut how do I apply the theme to a webgui page or any other ITS Page for instance. By merely assigning this modified theme to the Portal user, who views the ITS Page, it did not help.

Regards,

Harish

Message was edited by: HARISH SUBRAMANIAN

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

the Portal calls the ITS with parameter ~designbaseURL which contains the path from where the style sheets should be loaded. ITS then uses these style sheets for EWTs and IAC based on SAP template library. If you just use the service webgui it will not work.

Best regards,

Klaus

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

start ITS installation and use Installation Procedure "Apply Additional Packages". You will be asked for the location of the package and the ITS installation will extract everything for you.

Regarding you questions about generating style sheets I am wondering how you generate the style sheets without having sap_generate installed on your ITS Server?

For information about how to use style generator please look up the related pages in the SAP help portal:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/807f72a20d11d5b580006094b9451c/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Klaus