cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator - Remote Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to map some Remote Keys at the Syndicator, but i'm having the following problem:

The key mapping values from source do not transfer any value to destination. My Remote System is the "MDC R/3 & ERP", but I have tried to configure the "Output Remote System" property as "MDC R/3 & ERP" and I have inserted the remote key values in flat tables (lookup).

What need I to do to get the key mapping values in Syndicator?

Evandro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evando,

The reason why you may not be getting the remote key values in the syndicator is you may not have maintained the same in the import manager.

For remote keys, in the console, set the key mapping property of the particular table to yes.

Also in the import manager, map remote key value to the desired source file field(Remote key Value).

The system should have the remote key value stored corresponding to the remote key value field only and not as a look up.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

The key mapping values from source do not transfer any value to destination. My Remote System is the "MDC R/3 & ERP", but I have tried to configure the "Output Remote System" property as "MDC R/3 & ERP" and I have inserted the remote key values in flat tables (lookup).

To syndicate out remote Key form Remote system in MDM syndiactor you need to take care of the following:

- Enable the Key mapping as Yes in MDM Console.

- While Importing data either for the main table records or the Lookup table records make sure to map the Unique key field from the source side to the <Remote key> in the destination in MDM Import manager.

- In the syndicator you need to take care of two imp things

- Firstly while opening the syndicator you need to select the Remote system in the destination properties(File>New)

- This will make sure that you are sending the key mappings to that remote system.Output remote system property works slightly differnt.

- You need to make sure that the first property in MDM syndicator under the map property tab(remote system) is having your Remote system name.

- Then you need to map the the value field(under remote key in the source) to the destination field for remote key.

You will understand better in the below related links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7051c376-f939-2b10-7da1-c4f8f9ee... (Key mapping)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30843106-5539-2b10-75a9-da483911... (Key mapping)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Enable the Key mapping as Yes in MDM Console.

A: OK

2. While Importing data either for the main table records or the Lookup table records make sure to map the Unique key field from the source side to the <Remote key> in the destination in MDM Import manager. -

A: I have inserted the remote keys manually

3. In the syndicator you need to take care of two imp things

Firstly while opening the syndicator you need to select the Remote system in the destination properties(File>New)

This will make sure that you are sending the key mappings to that remote system.Output remote system property works slightly differnt.

A: Output Remote Systems have the reset checked. The value is "MDM". The key mappings values are configured for "MDC R/3 & ERP"

4. You need to make sure that the first property in MDM syndicator under the map property tab(remote system) is having your Remote system name.

A: "MDC R/3 & ERP"

Then you need to map the the value field(under remote key in the source) to the destination field for remote key.

A: I do not have the field "Value" under "Remote Key" for lookup tables. The values that I want to transfer are at Lookup tables. They are fields such as "Address Type" that have differents values for two systems.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't get the Remote Key only when the field is a Lookup Flat Mult Valued. For all other types, I can get the Remote Key now.