cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Underline and Bold a Text?

Former Member

I created a label field and I need the text to be underlined and bold.

It will look like this Hello World!.

Do you have any idea how can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

I am not really sure how you can get the text in the label underlined but for showing it as Bold you can do this:

In the properties of the label chose design-->emphasized.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajat,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I'm now able to make it bold by following your way. But it does not able to make it underline.

I still need it to be underline also.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shreya,

In such cases, where you have very specific requirements always use customized UI elements rather then standard.

Right now, you can use the images created on word, paint etc. & instead of text display these images.

Important:- While doing that, make sure about the size of the images you create. They must be very small.

in view, you can display these images in image UI, Text View UI, Links UI etc. All you need to do is to customize them as per your need.

Regards

Chander Kararia

# Please close the thread once get the correct answer. Give rewards for answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

There is no such functionality available for underlined text.

But you can follow this workaround:

Write the text to be shown as label in the MS-Word or any other editor. Make it bold and underlined and save it as image then you can show this image instead of label.

Hope this solves your requirement.

Regards.

Rajat

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I you want to format the text except under line, you can

1. User TextView UI Element instead of Lable

2. See by hit and trial of its property like Design (12 properties are there) and semantic color .

FormattedTextView and FormattedTextEdit these are two special UI element where BOLD ,ITALIC and HEADER property is available but It has different uses, can not be used for label purpose.

Hope it help you

Best Regards

Satish Kumar