cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Mobile client software?? and how to install it??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to develop a mobile application using sneak preview WAS for java and Developer studio. As per the help I am going to Windows->preferences->MDK

Here I am failing. I have not installed the MI, therefore I don't have a MI Home.

Can anyone please help me or guide me to be more honest where can I get the MI Client runtime and How to configure it. Please give me step by step procedure as I am new to mobile development.

Thanks in advance

Pathy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

For an AWT client you run core\exefiles\comp\setup.exe and JSP client you run tom\exefiles\comp\setup.exe

Look for these submenus in <b>AWT runtime in Settings Menu</b>.

<b>Gateway settings</b>:

<i>protocol-HTTP</i> (unless your WAS is configured for a secured-https connection)

<i>Host-Application Server host name</i>

<i>Port - 50000</i> unless you have defined <SysNR> other than 00. This port is the port you use to access the WAS Homepage.

<i>System - SAP WAS System ID <SID></i>

<b>Connection:</b>

<i>Gateway</i> Your Gateway settings in the gateway link will get reflected here.

<i>Proxy</i> - Normally you don't give proxy if you are working in a LOCAL AREA NETWORK - Your company domain. If you expose your Server over Internet, you need proxies to access the server.

<i>Client</i> - Your SAP WAS ABAP Component Client number

In the case of <b>JSP runtime</b>, there will be similar fields but in the Settings Link.

regards

Arun

Message was edited by: Arun A V

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the Webblog for easy reference for Installing MI Client Software.

/people/paresh.mishra2/blog/2005/12/04/configuring-mobile-device-upgrading-to-sp14-mi-25

Best Regards

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathy,

I presume you have MI server configured.

You can download a full SP13 client and SP Patch 14+15 from service.sap.com

You find it here:

1. Please navigate to http://service.sap.com/swdc

2. > SAP Support Packages

3. > Entry by Applicaiton Group (left navigation pane)

4. > SAP NetWeaver

5. > SAP NETWEAVER

6. > SAP NETWEAVER 04

7. > Entry by Component

8. > MI Client

First please make a full install of SP13.

Then you can deploy SP14 or SP15 as ADDON via webconsole.

Steps to install MI Client:

1. First, download and install MI Client 2.5 SP13 Patch00 on your laptop.

2. Create a new user on the client, configure 'settings' and then sync with the server to get an deviceID.

3. Upload the ADD_ONs SP13 patch 02, then SP14 patch03 followed by the SP15 patch to the webconsole via http://<your_host>:50000/me/WebConsole/login (It has to be an ADD_ON)

4. For each ADD_ON perform:

a.Assign the ADD_ON to your device (deviceID) via the webconsole.

b. Sync with the client. On Synchronization the component will get assigned to the client device. On pressing 'Continue' button you will get the message stating that an application has being assigned to you with an option to start the installation process. You might have to restart the client to get this message.

c. Restart the client.

d. You should get a message that there is an application that needs to be installed if you have not got it earlier, press the START button.

f. Check in the INFO link on your device if it has really installed ...

You have to follow this sequence as you cannot install SP14 & SP15 directly (as it not being a complete package).

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget my points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Thanks for your help. I got remote connection for SAP Mobile Inf. Box. I connect to it through Aventail. But problem is while generating the device id. It is not connecting.

Am I not giving the correct Gateway id?

Apart from that there are two folders in Zip file i have downloaded. One is core another is Tom. Which setup I have to run?

And as far as the connection info is concerned, is it something other than the SAP MI application server id / IP Address?

And do I need to use Proxy too.

Please mail me your mail id if don't have any issue.

My mail id is ppathy@gmail.com.

I fear I am asking more than enough.

Thank in advance.

Pathy