cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Templates - Purpose and Definition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all-

In Compliant User Provisioning, there is a field that appears when I select the User Details Data Source to be SAP labled "Function Type". The options in the box are "Custom" or "Standard". Can someone please explain to me the use of the function templates, and where/how they are defined?

In addition when I chose one of these and attempt to do a user search from within SAP (Create Request, and then search for a user), CUP returns "No Records Found". In addition the System log lists the Exception as "/VIRSA/SEARCH_DATA_NH function template not found" this is a new install, so I am thinking I may have missed a step in the process. Can someone please point me in the right direction to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Please find my response to your questions:

In Compliant User Provisioning, there is a field that appears when I select the User Details Data Source to be SAP labled "Function Type". The options in the box are "Custom" or "Standard". Can someone please explain to me the use of the function templates, and where/how they are defined? Standard means the function template which comes with RTA. If you want, you can create your own which would fall under 'Custom'. When you select custom, it will let you provide name of your custom template.

In addition when I chose one of these and attempt to do a user search from within SAP (Create Request, and then search for a user), CUP returns "No Records Found". In addition the System log lists the Exception as "/VIRSA/SEARCH_DATA_NH function template not found" this is a new install, so I am thinking I may have missed a step in the process. Can someone please point me in the right direction to solve this issue? This is very simple. You have not installed necessary RTA (Real time agent) or have not activated necessary BC sets in your target SAP system. Please go through installation guide thoroughly and everything is explained there. Even there is pre-implementation guide using which you can check if you have installed this correctly or not.

Regards,

Alpesh