cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Terms on back of every page using Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to print T&C (Terms and Conditions) on the back of every page using Smartforms. I have three pages that are set up as:

First --> T&C

T&C --> Next

Next --> T&C

For all of these pages, I have selected 'D' for Print Mode and 'SPMDU' for Printer Control.

Now, if my document is only one page, I don't get the T&C on the back the page at all; if my document is more than one page, I get the T&C only on the back of the first page.

I have searched this forum with no luck and whatever I have found and tried has not worked. Could you please help me and let me know what I should do to get the T&C on the back of every page?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Marlin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all very much for your responses. I have tried your suggestions but none worked. I have three other windows after the Main window. I created the command in the Main window as I could not create the command in a "secondary window". I made the Go To Page to be the T&C, however, the last page T&C did not print.

I am still looking for more suggestions/help. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell us the flow that u have implemented till now

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marlin...

I too had the same requirement and did the following..

Created 4 pages as below:

Page1 --> Contains the data to be printed --> Next Page for this is TC1(terms & conditions page)

TC1 --> Contains the T & C --> Next page for this is Page2 ( This is a copy of Page1 )

Page2 --> Copy of Page1 ---> Next Page for this is TC1.

TC2 --> This page has been created just to print the last page. There is no Next page for this.

To trigger the TC2, I have created a command for Page1 and Page2 at the end of Main Window, this would call the TC2 page. This worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marlin/Pradeep,

I have a similar requirment.

Do the windows TC1 & TC2 have any MAIN windows?

Actually i have to output only single page in DUPLEX mode . But i am getting an extra page.

My page flow is as below :

Page1>T&C(has no MAIN WNDOW)>Page2

Page2 is copy of Page1.

Page1 & Page 2 have MAIN windows with command to go to T&C page.

T&C has no MAIN window in my case.

Can you suggest me please.

Thanks

Dan

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry for the late reply!

I do get the T&C on the back of each page (including the first page). The issue that I am working on right now is the printing. Even though in the print preview I see the T&C on the back of each page, when I am actually printing the page, the T&C prints on separate pages.

I have set the Print Mode to 'D' on all the pages (First, Next, T&C_1, and T&C_2). Also, I have used the Printer Control 'SPMBU'. The printer is capable of duplex printing and when an old form is printed from within SAP, it prints in duplex format. But, for some reason, I cannot get the duplex printing work as of yet.

I will post the info once I get the printing working.

Regards,

Marlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

Regarding the below issue.. I was able to go to some extent. I was able to get T&C for all the pages except the first page by doing the following.

I have removed Duplex Mode 'D' for the pages 'T&C1' and 'T&C2'.

But not sure what's the issue while printing the T&C in the first page.

Best Regards,

Pradeep.

jeya_kumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did the following.

Created 4 pages as below:

1. FIRST_PAGE_TC - First page terms and condition

2. FIRST - First Page

3. SECOND_PAGE_TC - Second page terms & condition

4. SECOND - Second Page

FIRST_PAGE_TC:

General attributes -> Next Page -> select u201CFIRSTu201D

FIRST:

General attributes -> Next Page -> select u201CSECOND_PAGE_TCu201D

SECOND_PAGE_TC:

General attributes -> Next Page -> select u201CSECONDu201D

SECOND:

General attributes -> Next Page -> select u201CSECOND_PAGE_TCu201D

It worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jeyakumar (Jackie NEC '94)

Journey of a thousand miles begin with one step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for your help. I followed the steps you'd mentioned, and now my problem is resolved! Points will be awarded.

Thanks again,

Marlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marlin..

As I mentioned, I too had the same requirement. The problem which I am facing is that, when trying to print the Document on the printer, for the first page I am not getting the T&C, and getting it for remaining pages.

I have put Print Mode as "D" for the pages "FIRST" and "SECOND".

Could you please let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you tried it almost on the right way. Only the last page is always missing. There is no difference if it concerns 1 page or more pages. Always the last (T&C) is missing.

Solution: add at the very end of the main window the following item:

Create --> flow logic --> command.

check the item go to new page

enter your T&C page.

succes

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marlin,

[Duplex Printing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/90/78f07e030211d399b90000e83dd9fc/content.htm]

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

try to put break point in the code lines and check the flow for the odd number of pages u will get to know wat exactly is the flow and how its printing ..

regards,

prashanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got the T&C working fine now; however, when there are odd number of pages, the T&C doesn't get printed on the back of the last page. After the last NEXT page, the T&C is not invoked.

Could you please advise.

Thanks,

Marlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the next page , give a command node and mark the event at the end of the main window in the conditions tab , give this commnad node in the next page after end of the main window ..

in this way i think it shud go to the T &C page after next page ..

regards,

prashanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your reply. Should I have the command in the Main window of all the pages? Currently, I have a command in the Main window of First, Next, and T&C pages. That is where I have set the Printer Control to u2018SPMDUu2019.

Also, have I set up the flow of pages correctly (First --> T&C, T&C --> Next, Next --> T&C)?

In my Pages and Windows folder of my form, I have First Page, T&C Page, and Next Page respectively. Is this the correct placement of the Page Folder?

Thank you for your help,

Marlin

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think that u can try to add a command that goes to the T&C page. Add it inside the MAIN windows after all the process, so when the first page is finish it goes to T&C.

I hope it will help u

Regards